Really high blood sugar.

Diligent500

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
I dislike being diabetic and two heavy I am 80kg and want to get down to 50 kg very soon.
Hi to all ,

I have been to docs blood sugar 33.3 as I've cut out all carbs he said phone hosp I did their was no answer from the diabetic department.

I have a hosp appointment tomoz so will call in while I am their and tell them about my blood sugar could I be type 1 with these readings hope not.

So will see what happens tomoz.

Will fill you in Tommorow.

Diligent500.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Are your blood sugars still that high, if so I would, if I where you, be in the A&E at the hospital seeking medical attention are you able to test for ketones. I realy would not leave it till tomorrow there is a risk of DKA with sugars at that level.

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi to all ,

I have been to docs blood sugar 33.3 as I've cut out all carbs he said phone hosp I did their was no answer from the diabetic department.

I have a hosp appointment tomoz so will call in while I am their and tell them about my blood sugar could I be type 1 with these readings hope not.

So will see what happens tomoz.

Will fill you in Tommorow.

Diligent500.

this must be scary--- your blood glucose is dangerously high... I think I would not wait for tomorrow if I was you but ask to go to the hospital already today... good luck with getting it down... :(

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Good luck, I agree with the above posters. Low carb and such blood sugars are alarming. Please let us know how things are going.