1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2019 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Really high blood sugar.

Discussion in 'Type 2 Diabetes' started by Diligent500, Mar 27, 2018.

1. Diligent500

Diligent500 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Hi to all ,

I have been to docs blood sugar 33.3 as I've cut out all carbs he said phone hosp I did their was no answer from the diabetic department.

I have a hosp appointment tomoz so will call in while I am their and tell them about my blood sugar could I be type 1 with these readings hope not.

So will see what happens tomoz.

Will fill you in Tommorow.

Diligent500.

• Hug Hug x 4
  2. JohnEGreen

JohnEGreen Other · Expert

Are your blood sugars still that high, if so I would, if I where you, be in the A&E at the hospital seeking medical attention are you able to test for ketones. I realy would not leave it till tomorrow there is a risk of DKA with sugars at that level.

• Agree Agree x 5
  3. Freema

Freema Type 2 · Expert

this must be scary--- your blood glucose is dangerously high... I think I would not wait for tomorrow if I was you but ask to go to the hospital already today... good luck with getting it down... :(

• Agree Agree x 5
  4. Antje77

Antje77 LADA · Moderator
    Staff Member

Good luck, I agree with the above posters. Low carb and such blood sugars are alarming. Please let us know how things are going.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. Mel dCP

Mel dCP Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Please consider going to A&E. This is very worrying.

• Agree Agree x 3
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook