Interesting interest in type1 low carb

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Just had a very interesting conversation with a doctor/researcher from the Churchill hospital here in Oxford. They want to undertake research into type1s following low carb diet. I was obviously on the radar. He's going to contact me again after Easter. I don't know what it involves. Is anyone else interested in helping him? It was just so nice for someone to show interest.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Is that via OCDEM? When I was diagnosed Type 2 last year I was invited to attend there for research purposes, you’ve reminded me to do that, they tempt you in with a free dexa scan!
Let your Drs know there’s a willing type 2 low carbing in Oxford if he wants to move onto Type 2s after! :joyful:

Last edited:
Reactions: RAPS_od

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Is that via OCDEM? When I was diagnosed Type 2 last year I was invited to attend there for research purposes, you’ve reminded me to do that, they tempt you in with a free dexa scan!
Let your Drs know there’s a willing type 2 low carbing in Oxford if he wants to move onto Type 2s after! :joyful:
Will do. I'm already helping in research for uni of Exeter and another one. No freebies so far. Just happy to help

Reactions: Rachox

michita

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi @SueJB

I'm very interested. I would love to be in contact with any doctors who are interested in type 1s on a low carb diet. I'm based in London. Let me know if I can be involved. Thank you

Last edited:

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Hi @SueJB

I'm very interested. I would love to be in contact with any doctors who are interested in type 1s on a low carb diet. I'm based in London. Let me know if I can be involved. Thank you
will do. The guy is on hols but I'll let you know.

Kbarbaracollins_

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Just had a very interesting conversation with a doctor/researcher from the Churchill hospital here in Oxford. They want to undertake research into type1s following low carb diet. I was obviously on the radar. He's going to contact me again after Easter. I don't know what it involves. Is anyone else interested in helping him? It was just so nice for someone to show interest.
I’d be interested. What does it entail?

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
I’d be interested. What does it entail?
Hi, I've no idea. The researcher said he'd get back to me after Easter. I just think it's really important to help. I'll let you know. I think he'll probably post on here

Liz H

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

Liz H

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I would be most interested in getting involved. I've been following a low carb diat since I read Dr Bernstein's solution about 15 years ago. it has kept my diabetes under much better control, but I would always welcome further help with it as the diabetes professionals don't seem to have cottoned on

NicoleC1971

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I am low carbing/ketogenic so very interested in this though not keen to be dexa scanned! (do not want to know just how much blubber there is)! Will watch the thread for your updates. Good excuse to go to Oxford where my mum lives too.

number_3

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Yes, I'd be interested. I've been low carb for nearly a year now and though it hasn't been plain sailing all of thetime I do need far less basal and bolus insulin and feel well.

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Yes, I'd be interested. I've been low carb for nearly a year now and though it hasn't been plain sailing all of thetime I do need far less basal and bolus insulin and feel well.
I'll let you know when I find out anything

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
I am low carbing/ketogenic so very interested in this though not keen to be dexa scanned! (do not want to know just how much blubber there is)! Will watch the thread for your updates. Good excuse to go to Oxford where my mum lives too.
I'll let you know when I hear back

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
I would be most interested in getting involved. I've been following a low carb diat since I read Dr Bernstein's solution about 15 years ago. it has kept my diabetes under much better control, but I would always welcome further help with it as the diabetes professionals don't seem to have cottoned on
I'll let you know when I hear back

Addy41

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I would be interested in helping. I am type 1 starting out on a lchf diet. In the reading area, so not too far away from oxford.