Forum Bug Reports

C

chris lowe

don't have an ap because I don't use a cellphone. I access by desktop computer. However, in two years, it cannot seem to automatically store my password so have to type it in every time while the default for this forum is very tiny type and I have low vision issues. AArrrGG

If I use the laptop I do have to log in each time as well even though I tick the keep me logged in box

zbluebirdz

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Can you stop the click hi-jacking by this or another site (advertiser? sponsor?).

I did not click on the hi-jacker's link. I wanted to visit the Forum or read an article, but instead, I'm redirected to another site!

Happens when on the first visit of the day to the site, click on a bit of text (to bring window into focus) or a link (hi-jacker steals that click) and sends me to another site (takes me away from your site).
Hi-jacker sites: www_goodscdn_com & diabettreatment_com

Note: 1) I have blocked those two sites on my computers from being loaded, as I hate click hi-jackers, but still get the clicks hi-jacked.

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
mean people , gardening , dishonest people , and war.
why can't everyone get on........
Can you stop the click hi-jacking by this or another site (advertiser? sponsor?).

I did not click on the hi-jacker's link. I wanted to visit the Forum or read an article, but instead, I'm redirected to another site!

Happens when on the first visit of the day to the site, click on a bit of text (to bring window into focus) or a link (hi-jacker steals that click) and sends me to another site (takes me away from your site).
Hi-jacker sites: www_goodscdn_com & diabettreatment_com

Note: 1) I have blocked those two sites on my computers from being loaded, as I hate click hi-jackers, but still get the clicks hi-jacked.
your post on our forum has appeared on our forum with no "site hi-jacking"

cannot help with things we cannot see !!

hope you can take part on the forum as you need !!

satindoll

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
@DCUKMod

It appears I have been reborn as a Newbie........please can you get it sorted........thank you.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@DCUKMod

It appears I have been reborn as a Newbie........please can you get it sorted........thank you.

I'll look into that for you satindoll. Bearing in mind we're on the holiday weekend, if may be the start of the week before I can clarify things with the techies, at HO.

Reactions: satindoll

satindoll

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I'll look into that for you satindoll. Bearing in mind we're on the holiday weekend, if may be the start of the week before I can clarify things with the techies, at HO.

Many thanks........:bag:

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Pasta, sorry to me it's vile, yeuch lol (and full of nasty carbs)
Same issues here, 4 years ago I joined and back to zero. :)

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Same issues here, 4 years ago I joined and back to zero. :)
Sorry you have the same problem..........but relieved to see I'm not the only one affected..........:nailbiting:

I'm fairly certain much of the issue is likely to have been due to a thread deletion earlier today, but doubt that's all of your accumulated posts.

I'm pretty certain I won't have any techie response before Tuesday on this one, but I will check it out with them.

satindoll

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm fairly certain much of the issue is likely to have been due to a thread deletion earlier today, but doubt that's all of your accumulated posts.

I'm pretty certain I won't have any techie response before Tuesday on this one, but I will check it out with them.

Thank you........:happy:

Reactions: eddie1968

jay hay-char

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

I think there's some kind of generic problem. I, too, am showing as a Newbie (in practice I've made about 4,000 or so posts, all of them gibberish :)) but apparently I've only made 1 post and, consequently, it won't allow me to send PMs. Fortunately, I have no pressing need to do so at the moment but I'd appreciate it if your tech guys could have a look at it when they're back from the long weekend. Thx

Edit: it says 2 posts now - presumably because I made this one. It looks as if something has re-set the counter. Could be to do with the deletion of a particular thread on this sub-forum, although I've posted elsewhere on the site from time to time.

Last edited:

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I think there's some kind of generic problem. I, too, am showing as a Newbie (in practice I've made about 4,000 or so posts, all of them gibberish :)) but apparently I've only made 1 post and, consequently, it won't allow me to send PMs. Fortunately, I have no pressing need to do so at the moment but I'd appreciate it if your tech guys could have a look at it when they're back from the long weekend. Thx

Edit: it says 2 posts now - presumably because I made this one. It looks as if something has re-set the counter. Could be to do with the deletion of a particular thread on this sub-forum, although I've posted elsewhere on the site from time to time.

Thanks Jay hay-char. I think the long thread deletion highlighted the issue, due to the quantum of posts lost by some members, but it clearly isn't the whole answer.

The issue has already gone into the techie work queue, so hopefully we'll all be a bit wiser soon.

kevinfitzgerald

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
All things that hurt (emotional and physical)
Two days ago I had 625 posts (correct) and about 2,000 plus likes (correct).. Yesterday I went down to 479 posts and half likes but today I have gone up to 554 posts...

Trophy points strangely though have not been affected...

Very odd...

Jenny15

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Jazz music, science denial, and running out of coffee.
How do you private message a moderator whose account is closed to private messages?

Is there an account you can message that is seen by the moderators that are online at the time?

Edited to add: Crisis averted, folks. I've just figured it out. I wasn't aware that you have to write "DCUKMod" in the address line and not "@ DCUKMod" because the error message doesn't tell you. I had assumed some mods had opted to limit PMs. I'm glad I'm able to send a PM.

Last edited:
Reactions: ickihun

satindoll

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I know you guys/gals love little ole me and want me around all the time......but......I do have a life and I'd like to be able to "log out" occasionally........I get to the "new" log out page that says I'm logged out, then it throws me back to the forum list still logged in......to really log out I have to turn off the internet completely.........I know my machine is ancient and still runs on gas but it only happens with this site, all other sites I visit are not affected in this way, I'd appreciate it if you could look into this.........thanks

Reactions: Jenny15

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I know you guys/gals love little ole me and want me around all the time......but......I do have a life and I'd like to be able to "log out" occasionally........I get to the "new" log out page that says I'm logged out, then it throws me back to the forum list still logged in......to really log out I have to turn off the internet completely.........I know my machine is ancient and still runs on gas but it only happens with this site, all other sites I visit are not affected in this way, I'd appreciate it if you could look into this.........thanks

Clearing the cookies always logs me out. Have you tried that? Other than when I do that, which isn't often, I stay logged in deliberately but that doesn't bother me. It saves having to remember my password. :arghh:

Jenny15

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Jazz music, science denial, and running out of coffee.
Your machine runs on gas? Luxury!

Mine runs on coal.

satindoll

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Clearing the cookies always logs me out. Have you tried that? Other than when I do that, which isn't often, I stay logged in deliberately but that doesn't bother me. It saves having to remember my password. :arghh:

First thing I tried, then re-set my browser, pressed button "B", re cleared cookies.....and still logged in........going to have to turn the beast off to clear the connection........aaaaaarrrrgggggghhhhh.

satindoll

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Update; its still happening, it started with the "New" log out page and has continued gradually getting worse as it now crashes my browser.......I use Internet Explorer as I like it.......this doesn't happen on Google Chrome the browser on my tablet, but I don't like the app........when it crashes is says APP failed.......
I thought it was Internet Explorer's fault so reset it to defaults but its made no difference.