urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to eat as many chocolate digestives as I used to.
I am having problems with not getting alerts in my emails. No matter what I do, I am not getting them.

Probably a silly question but I have to ask, have you checked your spam folder(s)?

TooSweetForMe

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Nothing showing up in Spam folder. I get other mail, and I was getting mail from the forum here until a couple of days ago.

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Every day at approx 8:00 am AEST I get this slowdown and the get the error message from Cloudflare.

Error 520
Ray ID: 7132a4e47df9a838 • 2022-05-29 22:25:07 UTC
Web server is returning an unknown error

It would be nice not to have put up with this every day.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Every day at approx 8:00 am AEST I get this slowdown and the get the error message from Cloudflare.

Let me guess, 8 am AEST is 11PM in the UK?

I haven't got the cloudflare thing but the forum does slow down for me for 15 to 30 minutes.

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Let me guess, 8 am AEST is 11PM in the UK?

I haven't got the cloudflare thing but the forum does slow down for me for 15 to 30 minutes.
It's 11:00pm with daylight saving in the UK, I work on normal time as we do not have daylight saving here in Queensland.

To get the web site to download you go through cloudflare which this forum uses.

https://www.cloudflare.com/en-gb/

Oldvatr

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

I had similar Cloudflare issue the other day. Was specific to the Forum DNS which came back as not found. Later on could access the forum ,but had the global error message that the server was unavailable. This latter message is the standard error that displays when trying to access a locked thread and is a DCUK message. Obviously on that occasion the site server was offline then online but all threads were locked. Later on it all cleared and has been ok since as far as I can tell.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I had similar Cloudflare issue the other day. Was specific to the Forum DNS which came back as not found. Later on could access the forum ,but had the global error message that the server was unavailable. This latter message is the standard error that displays when trying to access a locked thread and is a DCUK message. Obviously on that occasion the site server was offline then online but all threads were locked. Later on it all cleared and has been ok since as far as I can tell.
That happened to me to the other day (unlike the usual 11pm UK time slowdown, it wasn't anywhere near 11pm), but it cleared up again in minutes so I forgot all about it.

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Litterbugs war mongers hate mongers propagandists.
I'm sure there's more.
Alls well here in my part of the UK running fast and clean.

Oldvatr

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
The forum was offline again just now. OK now. Other sites seemed ok and accessible, but not the Forum.

w00d57

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
pain!!!!
sorry if this is the wrong place, but i'm new here and can't find faq area... can someone tell me how to quote a reply in my reply to a post? thanks, and if there is a how to use the forum thread please link it? once againg new here but keen to be a part of the forum and community as a whole

Reactions: Antje77

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
can someone tell me how to quote a reply in my reply to a post?
You mean like this?
Simply select the text you want to reply to and a little pop up 'reply' button will appear. Click it and the quoted text appears in the reply box. Then just write your own post below it. :)
and if there is a how to use the forum thread please link it?
Here you go!
The videos are a bit older so things may not look exactly the same, but things still function like explained in the videos:
https://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/forum-beginners-video-guides.51729/

w00d57

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
pain!!!!
You mean like this?
Simply select the text you want to reply to and a little pop up 'reply' button will appear. Click it and the quoted text appears in the reply box. Then just write your own post below it. :)

i see, thanks loads, i really wanted to be able to thank or directly include a user in my replies so thanks again.

i'll check the videos too, appreciate the assist

Reactions: Oldvatr and Antje77

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening, sorry, but will you please reinstate the left out like / hug functions / buttons call them what you want and possibly add a few more, also does the rotate inserted picture facility now function work, I could never get it to work, but I am technologically illiterate and old and grumpy.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Good Morening, sorry, but will you please reinstate the left out like / hug functions / buttons call them what you want and possibly add a few more, also does the rotate inserted picture facility now function work, I could never get it to work, but I am technologically illiterate and old and grumpy.
They're working on it, see this thread! :)

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
They're working on it, see this thread! :)
Been on there, left a reply and thanks for the heads up. :)

• Friendly

5Terry

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Being alone and having little or no money to enjoy the hobbies I like to do.
I have just tried to ope the following "Tips for promaoting your Group" and the template has gone into a forgin language of some kind. But I am unable to attach the document in question.

Terry.

• Informative

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin

Aishia

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
O
I go on this site and sometimes a lot of things just come up in chinese.
As I am not very good with this. And don't understand really
Would be glad of an explanation. As it is all chinese to
Me sometime.