Moderator Elections 2018 - Nominations close Midnight Friday

Status
Not open for further replies.

AdamJames

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'd like to propose @Rachox also. She seems to be around a lot, is very welcoming to new members, gives plenty of apparently sound advice (and recipes!), is a good example of a successful turnaround after diagnosis, and perhaps most importantly she seems to have the right temperament for a mod - I've seen her deal with disagreements in a much better / more polite way than a lot of people, certainly myself!

Reactions: zand and Prem51

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I'd like to propose @Rachox also. She seems to be around a lot, is very welcoming to new members, gives plenty of apparently sound advice (and recipes!), is a good example of a successful turnaround after diagnosis, and perhaps most importantly she seems to have the right temperament for a mod - I've seen her deal with disagreements in a much better / more polite way than a lot of people, certainly myself!

Thank you so much for your kind words!! I am around a lot, my hubby might say too much! However I believe my success in turning the big D around is down to this Forum, I really dread to think where I’d be if I’d found ‘the other’ forum first!

ringi

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Let's remember that mods have two primary tasks:
  • deal with disagreements
  • kill spam
And a mod can choose to leave flags to other mods. Hence if someone outside of the UK time zone was to come forward who can be trusted to only handle the flags they have the skills to deal with, I would consider voting for them, even if there was "better" people in the UK time zone.

PS @Rachox is the person that come to mind when I was thinking about who to nominate as she clearly has the skills to deal with disagreements.

Reactions: Ledzeptt and Prem51

db89

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Don't forget being exposed to/editing out all that vulgar language @ringi! :playful:

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Wow! Wow! I am so so flattered! :happy: Thank you for your votes of confidence in me @Sue192 , @bulkbiker and @bluetit . I still feel like a beginner in this Diabetes lark, but it is actually a whole year next month :wideyed: I do have moderating experience on a Facebook page for another health issue of mine, so I’d be happy to take on the role IF I get voted in, but I’ll still be tagging the ‘grumpy gang’ if I get stuck with advice!
(Just on a technical point, can it all be done via iPad or iPhone via the website? My laptop is all but defunked and I don’t get on with the app!)

Hi @Rachox , I've been using a burnt out 9 year old lappy & the browser on my ipad mini for ages.. :)
Though i've recently sported out on a decent desktop PC. it's been more than doable with a tablet.. Hope this helps.!

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi @Rachox , I've been using a burnt out 9 year old lappy & the browser on my ipad mini for ages.. :)
Though i've recently sported out on a decent desktop PC. it's been more than doable with a tablet.. Hope this helps.!

Thanks, that very useful to know :)

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
(Just on a technical point, can it all be done via iPad or iPhone via the website? My laptop is all but defunked and I don’t get on with the app!)

:) I spend most of my life with the phone or a tablet to hand, and only switch to my PC when there is something that will take a lot of typing. So yes, modding is perfectly possible when on portable devices.

Reactions: Rachox

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
And well done to anyone who is nominated, shows how much you are valued by your fellow members.
:D
Will be rooting for everyone when the voting starts.

Reactions: Rachox

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I’d like to nominate @donnellysdogs, although I’m Type 2, I still read the type 1 posts and now the retired nurse in me realises how lacking our education in Diabetes of all types was. I see donnellysdogs advising in a very informed and level headed manner, I’m sure those qualities would make her an excellent moderator.

ringi

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Is an email or instant message send out to mods when a post is flagged, or does a mod need to access the site to see new flags?

I assume there is no way for a mod to set up the hours they are happy to get sent sms messages, and then be told about new flags ver sms. (Quicker span is deleted, the fewer spanners target a site.)

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Is an email or instant message send out to mods when a post is flagged, or does a mod need to access the site to see new flags?

I assume there is no way for a mod to set up the hours they are happy to get sent sms messages, and then be told about new flags ver sms. (Quicker span is deleted, the fewer spanners target a site.)

As mods, we are volunteers @ringi so we come online when we can, and offer the time we have available.

There is no expectation that any mod do more than this, or commits to antisocial hours. As a group we have people who work full time, part time, are retired, have different health issues and family commitments.

Of course, some people go far beyond the call of duty, and I certainly feel deep appreciation if one of the team is willing to set a 3am alarm to check for spam, or check the forum at crack of dawn before leaving for work. But obviously, we each offer different things as our lives permit.

And while I love you all, I ain't never gonna be committed enough to do the 3am thing.
I wouldn't be in a fit state to make any rational decisions. :D and you REALLY wouldn't like me loose on the forum in that condition!

Last edited:

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
Many thanks to @Bluetit1802 and @Rachox for the kind nominations but I am completely without the skills of knowledge and diplomacy needed to make a good moderator so must respectfully decline. I appreciate the thoughts, though.

I would like to nominate @NicoleC1971 and @Indy51 for their sound background knowledge and no nonsense approaches on this forum.

Reactions: ickihun

ringi

Type of diabetes
Type 2
As mods, we are volunteers @ringi so we come online when we can, and offer the time we have available.

I would more thinking that some people (including me) would be happy to get sms message at the times I choose, even when I am not online and often be able to respond by going on-line.

But if I could think of any trusted member from Australia I would be nominating them.

Status
Not open for further replies.