DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi guys.

It’s that time of year again, when we are due to hold a round of Mod Elections.

In line with the forum protocols, Moderators serve a period of two years, after which time they are eligible for a re-election for a further two year term, before taking a break.

This year, that means that Andcol, himtoo. JuicyJ and Urbanracer are eligible for re-election, as is Tim2000s, however Tim has elected not to re-stand.

Andcol, himtoo, JuicyJ and Urbanracer are therefore automatically re-nominated, by the Admin Team, who would like to extend their thanks to all of the Mod Team for their efforts over the last year.

Current Mods not requiring re-election are: Brunneria , Pipp , Jaylee , Enclave*

This thread will act as a collection point for new Mod nominations. If you would like to self-nominate, feel free to do so, or if you would like to nominate someone else, that’s also great.

We would like to bring Mod numbers up to around 12, with a mix of diabetes types.

Our proposed timelines are as follows:

Nominations : Open now, and will close on Thursday 12th April

Voting: To open Monday 16 April, and close on Friday 27th April, with the successful candidates announced shortly thereafter.

Please do not use this thread to vote. A new thread will be published for that once nominations have closed, however, this post will be regularly updated to add the nomination, for easy visibility.

Good luck everyone!

DCUKMod, on behalf of the Admin Team.

The current nominees (minus those who have declined are listed below. This list sill be updated regularly. If there is anyone on the list below who does want to stand, please let me, or any current Mod know

So far we have:

@therower has declined nomination
@Rachox
@Robbityhas declined nomination
@catapillar
@donnellysdogs has declined nomination
@NicoleC1971
@Indy51 has declined nomination
@Goonergal has declined nomination
@shelley262 has declined nomination
@Mike D
@helensaramay has declined nomination
@Bluetit1802 has declined nomination
@bulkbiker has declined nomination
@Guzzler has declined nomination
@Diakat
@wiflib has declined nomination
@Scott-C has declined nomination
@ziggy_w has declined nomination
@Grant_Vicat

Edit List update 19:32 Sunday 15th April

*Enclave has decided to retire.

Nominations are now closed. Voting will begin a the beginning of the week, on a new thread.

Thanks everyone.

Last edited:
Reactions: Books1 and Rachox

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
I hope someone from another time zone to the UK will stand so there is a moderator available during the UK's night.

And thanks to @tim2000s for his stint as a moderator.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Thank you @tim2000s for your work and valid imput over the 2yrs you have served the forum as a Moderator.
I hope you will not 'going to ground' as I've always enjoyed your posts.

If anyone would like me to vote for them please PM me.
I'm getting busier and busier with health appointments/treatment/ops for myself. Addition support for my little one is always a bonus for him too so I'm not sure how much I'll be fully available but I'll try and keep up with the voting.
Good luck to those who are going to be in the running. :) ickihun. :) :) :)

D

Deleted Account

Aaaah @Diakat you have just made my day ... and I am blushing slightly.
I hadn't even considered Moderating until you mentioned my name.
I have now thought about it and decided ... drum roll ... forced tension ... change of camera shot ... ongoing drum roll ...
I have decided that I enjoy contributing, reading, hopefully, providing support, ...
But, I am about to start a new job in the next week and have no idea how much time it will take so do not want to take on a new commitment that I may not be able to fulfil at this time.

Thank you very very much for your nomination. I am touched.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Can I please nominate @Bluetit1802 and @bulkbiker , two people who’ve helped me immensely since my diagnosis 11 months ago? Both have a huge wealth of knowledge to impart about all aspects of type 2. They both provide advice in a no nonsense, clear and down to earth way, with no drama and a reassuring manner.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Can I please nominate @Bluetit1802 and @bulkbiker , two people who’ve helped me immensely since my diagnosis 11 months ago? Both have a huge wealth of knowledge to impart about all aspects of type 2. They both provide advice in a no nonsense, clear and down to earth way, with no drama and a reassuring manner.

Awwww thank you @Rachox that is a really lovely thing to say, and you have made me blush. I feel a little guilty too, because I know I have the time, but I also know for sure I would make a terrible moderator. It isn't about imparting knowledge, it requires other skills that grumpy old me can't always find. So thanks again, but I have to decline. :)

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
Wild difference between contributing as opposed to moderating, but agree with @Prem51 ... need another time zone for at least one mod if only to deal with the spam.

Last edited:
Reactions: Prem51 and Sue192

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Many thanks for your proposals and secondings..brought a tear to my grumpy old eye.. much appreciated.
But... and you knew that was coming now didn't you? I'm not sure I could be balanced enough to be an effective mod. I freely admit to being a plain speaking 'ornery old git (well oldish, the rest all apply) but I have always been a bit of a rebel so maybe me as someone regulating the site wouldn't be such a great thing. They say that power corrupts...so.. much though I am honoured that you think me worthy I don't feel I could do the job well. I would however certainly second @Rachox who always impresses me with well measured rational contributions.

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks to all mods both reigning and retiring - sometimes a thankless task with a lot of unseen work behind the scenes, you all do a great job :) - good luck to prospective mods and those nominated :)
Thank you, @lovinglife.
Much of the work is indeed unseen, much of it spent clearing spam, but we put the time in that we are able. No pressure.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Wow! Wow! I am so so flattered! :happy: Thank you for your votes of confidence in me @Sue192 , @bulkbiker and @bluetit . I still feel like a beginner in this Diabetes lark, but it is actually a whole year next month :wideyed: I do have moderating experience on a Facebook page for another health issue of mine, so I’d be happy to take on the role IF I get voted in, but I’ll still be tagging the ‘grumpy gang’ if I get stuck with advice!
(Just on a technical point, can it all be done via iPad or iPhone via the website? My laptop is all but defunked and I don’t get on with the app!)

Status
Not open for further replies.