animal kingdom and no plants
and only drink water
the Art of Zero- Carb Living

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
By "meat" do you mean unprocessed meat? Beef, Chicken, Pork etc with nothing else. No gravy, vegetables etc.
Sounds like it's very low in vitamins / minerals plus no fibre.
Not sure about this for me.

There are plenty of essential vits and minerals in meat, and dairy is allowed. The gravy comes from the meat juices. Not entirely sure about fibre, but how essential is a lot of fibre for people with normal digestive systems?

Reactions: cdpm and dbr10

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi All, yes I have eaten this way (approx 98% carnivore) for the last 4 months.

I only started doing it after a tummy bug that left me unable to digest veg for a while, but I have felt so good on it that I am carrying it on. Better in fact, than when vegetables played a large role in my eating.

My way of eating like this is:
Meat, fish, eggs, organ meat (offal) some dairy (cream, cheese butter and a little kefir or goatsmilk yog)
I usually have a couple of squares of dark choc every day.
I avoid large amounts of protein, so i reach satiety through added animal fats like butter, bacon fat, cream, and ocassionally (gasp) a bit of homemade olive oil mayo (which is of course veg origin)

Drinks are water, maybe a herb tea a day, one cup of roast chicory ‘coffee’ a day. Sometimes a sodastream zero (sweetened by sucralose and stevia)

Now, I don’t pretend to be absolute about this. Occasional meals out will see me eating half a tomato and a flat mushroom with my steak, and the odd chip has been known to sneak off Mr B’s plate and into my mouth...

But overall, several days will pass without me eating anything vegetabley - and those have become the days on which I feel the best. It is WONDERFUL for my blood glucose levels. Bathroom events are also better than in my veg days. I am not constipated.

We have just had several odd days, travelling, road food, eating out with family, and i am SO GLAD to be home and returning to pure carnivory. I feel better when I do.

Oh, and for those who casually dismiss this way of eating as being ‘unbalanced’ or ‘deficient’ then I suggest that you do a bit more reading. I did, and no longer have such concerns. In fact, if you are interested, just look up the nutition in liver, it is the ultimate superfood.

Last edited:

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
in my understanding it is a way of eating
of 0 carbs where you only eat foods from the
animal kingdom and no plants
and only drink water
the Art of Zero- Carb Living
@NoCrbs4Me has been eating similiar for years with great success, I believe.
I don't eat much veg as most interferes with my thyroid but leaves me anaemic if not enough beef eating.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Hi All, yes I have eaten this way (approx 98% carnivore) for the last 4 months.

I only started doing it after a tummy bug that left me unable to digest veg for a while, but I have felt so good on it that I am carrying it on. Better in fact, than when vegetables played a large role in my eating.

My way of eating like this is:
Meat, fish, eggs, organ meat (offal) some dairy (cream, cheese butter and a little kefir or goatsmilk yog)
I usually have a couple of squares of dark choc every day.
I avoid large amounts of protein, so i reach satiety through added animal fats like butter, bacon fat, cream, and ocassionally (gasp) a bit of homemade olive oil mayo (which is of course veg origin)

Drinks are water, maybe a herb tea a day, one cup of roast chicory ‘coffee’ a day. Sometimes a sodastream zero (sweetened by sucralose and stevia)

Now, I don’t pretend to be absolute about this. Occasional meals out will see me eating half a tomato and a flat mushroom with my steak, and the odd chip has been known to sneak off Mr B’s plate and into my mouth...

But overall, several days will pass without me eating anything vegetabley - and those have become the days on which I feel the best. It is WONDERFUL for my blood glucose levels. Bathroom events are also better than in my veg days. I am not constipated.

We have just had several odd days, travelling, road food, eating out with family, and i am SO GLAD to be home and returning to pure carnivory. I feel better when I do.

Oh, and for those who casually dismiss this way of eating as being ‘unbalanced’ or ‘deficient’ then I suggest that you do a bit more reading. I did, and no longer have such concerns. In fact, if you are interested, just look up the nutition in liver, it is the ultimate superfood.
I feel better on no veg too. Noticed any weight loss?

NoCrbs4Me

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Vegetables
Reactions: AloeSvea and rab5

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Even the Alaskan and northern Canadian native tribes who eat a diet almost only of fish including skin and fat, and of course hydrate with water, all supplement with some plants gathered in season

.https://www.forksoverknives.com/extreme-nutrition-the-diet-of-eskimos/#gs.eaqhJLs

Every way of eating on the planet includes seasonal treats and variations.
However, it is a leap to assume that those additions are necessary for health.

A better way of looking at the situation is to ask whether the normal, non seasonal carnivorous way of eating will support good health.
In my opinion it does, and this is supported by growing evidence and growing numbers of people who are living this way for years and decades.

In light of this, seasonal variations and treats can be viewed as enjoyable, but not necessary.

Reactions: donnellysdogs

ringi

Type of diabetes
Type 2
For anyone trying this remember you must not remove all the fat from
the meat, and you need some fish or red meat. (100% skinless chicken will not work.)

NoCrbs4Me

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Vegetables
For anyone trying this remember you must not remove all the fat from
the meat, and you need some fish or red meat. (100% skinless chicken will not work.)
No, you don't need to eat seafood at all.