Fasting Blood Levels

Mal37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Social situations
I am somewhat confused by the question "What were your fasting blood sugar levels this morning"

Does this mean taking a test while still in bed, and before doing anything?

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fasting blood sugars are just that - a test taken after a fast. As we all fast overnight by default, (unless we have midnight feasts!) a test soon after we get up is our morning fasting test. I get up, go to the loo, wash my hands, then test.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I test my fasting level straight after getting up, while I’m sitting on the only seat in our bathroom! ;):joyful:

Mal37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Social situations
Fasting blood sugars are just that - a test taken after a fast. As we all fast overnight by default, (unless we have midnight feasts!) a test soon after we get up is our morning fasting test. I get up, go to the loo, wash my hands, then test.
Ahhh I see. Well I won't be doing that, since it means taking all my things up to bed every night and that won't work for me. I usually test about 90 minutes after breakfast, so that is first of my day. Thank you all for explaining to me

D

Deleted member 308541

Well I won't be doing that, since it means taking all my things up to bed every night and that won't work for me.
Do the fast test before you have your drink of coffee / tea after you have got out of bed..

Reactions: rom35