Hypoglycemia???

Lauren955

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
Other
Hi everyone I am new to this non diabetic and just looking for some help. I have been to the doctors back and forth for months about shakiness that I keep getting, mainly in my arms and hands. I thought it could be low blood sugar as sometimes it comes on when i haven’t eaten for a couple of hours. They told me t was all in my head and I’m imagining it because I have anxiety. So I bought a meter to see if I was really going low and so far my lowest has been 4.0. What I’m not sure about is that I will have my tea or dinner and be around 5 and then when I’ve eaten it will drop to around 4 then go back up on its own. But when I was at 4.0 i felt fine I wasn’t shaking or anything. I don’t seem to ever go past 6. As I had been told maybe I was spiking and then dropping fast but staying in the normal range which I found is not the case for me either as I don’t even spike. My fasting blood sugars are usually in the high 4’s. Just wondering if anybody has any insight on if this is normal for a non diabetic or not as I do suffer anxiety and can’t stop worrying.

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Hi everyone I am new to this non diabetic and just looking for some help. I have been to the doctors back and forth for months about shakiness that I keep getting, mainly in my arms and hands. I thought it could be low blood sugar as sometimes it comes on when i haven’t eaten for a couple of hours. They told me t was all in my head and I’m imagining it because I have anxiety. So I bought a meter to see if I was really going low and so far my lowest has been 4.0. What I’m not sure about is that I will have my tea or dinner and be around 5 and then when I’ve eaten it will drop to around 4 then go back up on its own. But when I was at 4.0 i felt fine I wasn’t shaking or anything. I don’t seem to ever go past 6. As I had been told maybe I was spiking and then dropping fast but staying in the normal range which I found is not the case for me either as I don’t even spike. My fasting blood sugars are usually in the high 4’s. Just wondering if anybody has any insight on if this is normal for a non diabetic or not as I do suffer anxiety and can’t stop worrying.

4 - 6 seems absolutely fine and normal. Not diabetic range at all

Reactions: donnellysdogs

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Hi Lauren, those numbers look very good to me.

I'll just tage my colleague, @Brunneria as she is quite experienced in RH

Reactions: porl69

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes

I have Reactive Hypoglycaemia, I'm not diabetic, and I am in normal range all the time due to what I have to eat.
My fasting blood is always in the 4s.

A few questions, have you had the tests to diagnose RH or to eliminate other conditions?
What sort of food do you eat daily?
When do you test your blood glucose levels?
If I didn't have really good control, I would get anxiety as a symptom.

If you are continually in normal blood glucose levels range despite what you eat, there is a condition akin to RH, that I have read about.
It is known as flat line hypoglycaemia.

There are so many conditions that differ from each other in the endocrine science that a true diagnosis is difficult.

If you read the RH forum, you will recognise the symptoms and others that have similar experience.

Best wishes.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Lauren955
Hi and welcome. :)

Those numbers do look normal, don’t they?
Are yountesting when you actually have the symtoms starting, or are you testing a few minutes later?

I can’t comment about @lamont’s suggestion of flatline hypoglycaemia, but you may find it worth having a read about it.

I’m wondering if there are any patterns to your symptoms that may suggest a food intolerance? Particular foods? Or an environmental intolerance? Situation?

Sorry I can’t offer any more thoughts on the situation.
I know how very frustrating it is when people tell you ‘it is all in your mind’ - so you really do have my sympathy!

Reactions: Lamont D