Keep going

Norteme

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all. I found out I was prediabetic 2.5 months ago. I ignored the diabetic nurse and started a keto diet straightaway. I loved choc and takeaways but cut right down to around 30g carbs per day. Since then I have lost 21lbs and come down from 42 to 31 on my blood tests. And I still have a little dark choc when I ‘need’ to. So just keep on going. Some days are harder than others but it can be done :)

Mal37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Social situations
Hi all. I found out I was prediabetic 2.5 months ago. I ignored the diabetic nurse and started a keto diet straightaway. I loved choc and takeaways but cut right down to around 30g carbs per day. Since then I have lost 21lbs and come down from 42 to 31 on my blood tests. And I still have a little dark choc when I ‘need’ to. So just keep on going. Some days are harder than others but it can be done :)
Wonderful achievement already and well done you!

Reactions: Mick_b and Norteme

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
That is a wonderful result and you are quite right about keeping going. Well done.

Reactions: Norteme

Mick_b

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I was Pre diabetic with reading of 42 which went up at next blood test to 52 !! So after a review with nurse I have over 3 months lost a stone in weight and and brought blood glucose levels down to 47
So a step in the right direction and no metformin for me !!
Today I had my first spotlight meeting which I found informative and reinforcing on things I knew already !!

Reactions: Norteme