1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2018 »
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Keep going

Discussion in 'Prediabetes' started by Norteme, Apr 29, 2018.

1. Norteme

Norteme Prediabetes · Member

Hi all. I found out I was prediabetic 2.5 months ago. I ignored the diabetic nurse and started a keto diet straightaway. I loved choc and takeaways but cut right down to around 30g carbs per day. Since then I have lost 21lbs and come down from 42 to 31 on my blood tests. And I still have a little dark choc when I ‘need’ to. So just keep on going. Some days are harder than others but it can be done :)

• Winner Winner x 13
    • Like Like x 3
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  2. Mal37

Mal37 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Wonderful achievement already and well done you!

• Like Like x 2
  3. Guzzler

Guzzler Type 2 · Expert

That is a wonderful result and you are quite right about keeping going. Well done.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Mick_b

Mick_b Type 2 · Member

I was Pre diabetic with reading of 42 which went up at next blood test to 52 !! So after a review with nurse I have over 3 months lost a stone in weight and and brought blood glucose levels down to 47
    So a step in the right direction and no metformin for me !!
    Today I had my first spotlight meeting which I found informative and reinforcing on things I knew already !!

• Like Like x 1
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook