My latest A1C result.....

Morpheus5575

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
I just had the dreaded A1C discussion with my less than helpful GP and WOW! i am flabbergasted!

My A1C is down from 41 to 35. After my first spike last summer which was 48 i went down to 35 immediatley after losing 3.5 St.
The next one at Christmas was 41 and now back to 35. I am over the moon, i have myself stressed with worry waiting for this result.

My Lipids are as follows:

HDL 4.1 LDL 1.28 Triglycerides 1.01

I wonder could anybody give me what that means in English. The GP grunted that it was ok. In view of the overall i'm hoping it's better than ok?

Thank you guys for helping me along the way, i appreciate the time you take to help out.

Reactions: Prem51

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to eat as many chocolate digestives as I used to.
I just had the dreaded A1C discussion with my less than helpful GP and WOW! i am flabbergasted!

My A1C is down from 41 to 35. After my first spike last summer which was 48 i went down to 35 immediatley after losing 3.5 St.
The next one at Christmas was 41 and now back to 35. I am over the moon, i have myself stressed with worry waiting for this result.

I wonder could anybody give me what that means in English. The GP grunted that it was ok. In view of the overall i'm hoping it's better than ok?

Thank you guys for helping me along the way, i appreciate the time you take to help out.

I'm no expert @Morpheus5575 so I'll simply direct you to this information page for general guidance.

https://www.diabetes.co.uk/diabetes-health-guidelines.html

@bulkbiker knows his stuff, he might be on-line later.

eggs11

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Wow amazing! I'm not a cholesterol expert myself but I've read it's your HDL to trigs ratio which matters - and yours is truly incredible!

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Hi me again

Gret news on the HbA1c superb results and pretty quickly too well done.
Cholesterol even better news
Trig/HDL ratio (advice is lower than 0.87) yours is 0.246
Do you know what your total cholesterol was because there is apparently also a Total Cholesterol/HDL ratio (which may well be included in the results which wants to be below 3.5 according to @BrianTheElder and Prof Sikaris.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Very well done! Keep up the good work!

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
Now that is a result! Very well done.

Morpheus5575

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Hi me again

Gret news on the HbA1c superb results and pretty quickly too well done.
Cholesterol even better news
Trig/HDL ratio (advice is lower than 0.87) yours is 0.246
Do you know what your total cholesterol was because there is apparently also a Total Cholesterol/HDL ratio (which may well be included in the results which wants to be below 3.5 according to @BrianTheElder and Prof Sikaris.

Hi
I can't remember what the total cholestrol reading was. I was so shocked when i heard A1C 35 being mentioned that i was spinning for a minute. I will find out tomorrow what the number was. I am really delighted with the result because i was expecting another climb. Thanks for your help along the way.

Reactions: dbr10

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi Morpheus
Congratulations on your fab result. Dont know why your Doc was so grumpy. Anyway who cares!

Morpheus5575

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Thank you guys! The trick now,is keeping the A1C down there or lower. How low can it go and still be acceptable i wonder?
I also wonder are there any Freestyle Libre users here? I got the sensor and applicator yesterday and i have a few questions. I plan to use it with my Android Smart Phone Samsung Galaxy as the reader, and i really just need it to check the effect different foods have on my system. I would love to root out the baddies for good and idenify the very good and the so-so. I believe lots of foods affect different people in very different ways,so i plan to create a journal of test results against various foods,maybe over a four week period. I havent applied the sensor yet, i am a Warfarin user and i'm a bit worried about a bleed and can't find any info anywhere.

Morpheus5575

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Hi Morpheus
Congratulations on your fab result. Dont know why your Doc was so grumpy. Anyway who cares!

Just being his usual grumpy self, and btw, when i was diagnosed last year with having a blood sugar spike,he gave me no advice and left me to sink or swim. Luckily i came across this website and the wonderful people who come on here and help.