1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2018 »
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

My latest A1C result.....

Discussion in 'Prediabetes' started by Morpheus5575, May 2, 2018.

1. Morpheus5575

Morpheus5575 Prediabetes · Member

I just had the dreaded A1C discussion with my less than helpful GP and WOW! i am flabbergasted!

My A1C is down from 41 to 35. After my first spike last summer which was 48 i went down to 35 immediatley after losing 3.5 St.
    The next one at Christmas was 41 and now back to 35. I am over the moon, i have myself stressed with worry waiting for this result.

My Lipids are as follows:

HDL 4.1 LDL 1.28 Triglycerides 1.01

I wonder could anybody give me what that means in English. The GP grunted that it was ok. In view of the overall i'm hoping it's better than ok?

Thank you guys for helping me along the way, i appreciate the time you take to help out.

• Winner Winner x 12
    • Like Like x 1
  2. urbanracer

urbanracer Type 1 · Moderator
    Staff Member

I'm no expert @Morpheus5575 so I'll simply direct you to this information page for general guidance.

https://www.diabetes.co.uk/diabetes-health-guidelines.html

@bulkbiker knows his stuff, he might be on-line later.

• Useful Useful x 1
  3. eggs11

eggs11 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Wow amazing! I'm not a cholesterol expert myself but I've read it's your HDL to trigs ratio which matters - and yours is truly incredible!

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. bulkbiker

bulkbiker Type 2 · Expert

Hi me again

Gret news on the HbA1c superb results and pretty quickly too well done.
    Cholesterol even better news
    Trig/HDL ratio (advice is lower than 0.87) yours is 0.246
    Do you know what your total cholesterol was because there is apparently also a Total Cholesterol/HDL ratio (which may well be included in the results which wants to be below 3.5 according to @BrianTheElder and Prof Sikaris.

5. Jenniewren1958

Jenniewren1958 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

6. Freema

Freema Type 2 · Expert

7. Rachox

Rachox Type 2 (in remission!) · Moderator
    Staff Member

Very well done! Keep up the good work!

8. Guzzler

Guzzler Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Now that is a result! Very well done.

9. archersuz

archersuz Type 2 · Well-Known Member

10. Morpheus5575

Hi
    I can't remember what the total cholestrol reading was. I was so shocked when i heard A1C 35 being mentioned that i was spinning for a minute. I will find out tomorrow what the number was. I am really delighted with the result because i was expecting another climb. Thanks for your help along the way.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. PenguinMum

PenguinMum · Well-Known Member

Hi Morpheus
    Congratulations on your fab result. Dont know why your Doc was so grumpy. Anyway who cares!

• Like Like x 1
  12. Morpheus5575

Thank you guys! The trick now,is keeping the A1C down there or lower. How low can it go and still be acceptable i wonder?
    I also wonder are there any Freestyle Libre users here? I got the sensor and applicator yesterday and i have a few questions. I plan to use it with my Android Smart Phone Samsung Galaxy as the reader, and i really just need it to check the effect different foods have on my system. I would love to root out the baddies for good and idenify the very good and the so-so. I believe lots of foods affect different people in very different ways,so i plan to create a journal of test results against various foods,maybe over a four week period. I havent applied the sensor yet, i am a Warfarin user and i'm a bit worried about a bleed and can't find any info anywhere.

13. Morpheus5575

Just being his usual grumpy self, and btw, when i was diagnosed last year with having a blood sugar spike,he gave me no advice and left me to sink or swim. Luckily i came across this website and the wonderful people who come on here and help.

• Like Like x 1
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook