Oppo ice cream

Mongolia

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Just to let you know that Oppo is on special offer in Sainsbury's at the moment - "only" £3 instead of £4. I have stocked the freezer in anticipation of hot weather and Sainsbury's selling out!;)

Reactions: CranberryIce

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Just to let you know that Oppo is on special offer in Sainsbury's at the moment - "only" £3 instead of £4. I have stocked the freezer in anticipation of hot weather and Sainsbury's selling out!;)

To put the price is perspective, my Sainsburys doesn’t sell the mint chocolate one which I was desperate to try, so I treated myself to a tub from Holland and Barrett £5.99! :wideyed:

Mongolia

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
To put the price is perspective, my Sainsburys doesn’t sell the mint chocolate one which I was desperate to try, so I treated myself to a tub from Holland and Barrett £5.99! :wideyed:
Yes, my local farm shop also sells it but for £6.99 a tub!! Hence stocking up in Sainsbury's!:D

It is known that the erythritol and steviol glycosides are actually bad for one as the body is waiting for higher calories with the ice cream. Then, the body then begins to crave the higher calories, which in turn makes people want much more to eat. It is better to eat a small amount of GOOD ice cream after dinner and feel satisfied, than to crave more calories. I find that a small portion of good ice cream is satisfying and ENJOYABLE!

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It is known that the erythritol and steviol glycosides are actually bad for one as the body is waiting for higher calories with the ice cream. Then, the body then begins to crave the higher calories, which in turn makes people want much more to eat. It is better to eat a small amount of GOOD ice cream after dinner and feel satisfied, than to crave more calories. I find that a small portion of good ice cream is satisfying and ENJOYABLE!

LOL @bulkbiker

Adding a large dollop of extra thick double cream to the Oppo works for me.

Fruitella

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Oppo send me the occasional email offering to post a voucher to use in Sainsburys but I have yet to receive one. Have others had more luck?

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Oppo send me the occasional email offering to post a voucher to use in Sainsburys but I have yet to receive one. Have others had more luck?

Snap! I’ve tried twice and still waiting

lessci

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I wasn't keen on the texture when I tried it, but maybe a got one which had been partially defrosted and refrozen

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Like @Goonergal I find these icecreams (Oppo, Halo, Perfect World) an enjoyable treat occasionally. And I add cream too :D

Never found them unsatisfying, or triggering calorie cravings.

Sue192

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I had the first one when signing up to the site, and then a voucher for Sainsburys - useless as there aren't any near me! That's it.

Sue192

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
LOL @bulkbiker

Adding a large dollop of extra thick double cream to the Oppo works for me.
Me too - I love the way the cream freezes on top of the ice cream. Being totally decadent I also tried this with clotted cream (not such a large dollop though!) and I can report it makes the choc hazelnut divine. Shame Oppo costs so much! Or actually, probably a good idea it does....

Fruitella

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Good idea

@Fruitella are you in too?
I emailed them this morning and they have promised to pop one in the post. I think she thought I had tried multiple times for one offer but hadn't. Lets see if it arrives before Sainsbuys runs out or at least before the warm weather returns.