DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good evening everyone.

Today I am delighted to be able to let you all know the outcome of the recent round of Moderator Elections. The successful candidates, and therefore those who will be our continuing or new Moderators are, in alphabetical order:

@catapillar ,
@Diakat
@himtoo ,
@Juicyj ,
@Rachox ,
@urbanracer ,

All the candidates have been informed personally.

I’m sure you will all join me in congratulating them, and wishing them good luck in their continuing and forthcoming roles.

As always, we had a particularly strong field, and at this time, I would also like to thank those who stood, but were not successful this time around. Hopefully they would consider standing again at a future date. 2019 will be upon us before we know it!

The technical changes to the new Mod accounts will be made in the coming days, when the new Mods will adopt their green livery. At the same time, our retiring Mods, @andcol, @tim2000s, and @Enclave will adopt the blue, “Retired Moderator” livery.

Hopefully, we will still see andcol, tim2000s and Enclave on the forum, when they are able, and continuing to contribute in their usual informative and supportive manner. Again, I'll thank andcol, tim2000s and Enclave for all their hard work, over their period wearing “the green jackets”.

Thanks everyone for taking part, and voting, in this important part of our forum.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Do I have to make a speech?! :joyful::hilarious:
No seriously, I’m really touched that people wanted to vote for little old me. Thank you for putting your confidence in me. I will do my utmost to serve you all well :)

Edit: sorry, forgetting my manners, too excited! Congratulations to my fellow successful mods!

Last edited:

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
Congratulations to one and all.

tayelola

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanking immediate past Mods for their services as the new ones are welcome on board. Wish them successful tenure.

Reactions: Guzzler

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Congratulations! :cool:

Looking forward to working with some new as well as the familiar team members... :)

From mods past to those about to mod.. I salute you...

Reactions: ickihun

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good luck and thanks to those who "won", for those that came "second" thank you for standing.

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
Congratulations on the new mods and thank you to the retiring mods

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Glad to have you new mods onboard. Looking forward to working with you. Thank you to all who offered their services, and those who voted.
Many thanks, also to those retiring. Your advice and experience has been invaluable. Not just when I was a rookie mod. (Feels like I still am).

Reactions: Juicyj and hankjam
D

Deleted member 308541

Congrats to the new and returning mods.

One thing I will like to mention all of the new ones are from the UK, I hope @Administrator has got a good / better Plan A for the Chinee Spammer bots.

Reactions: Juicyj

andcol

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
well done guys and dolls. I am sure you will all perform better than me in the last few months. I will be around so you can all ask me how I dealt with the other mods ;) Not really they are all very helpful but just remember we forumites and your fellow moderators are all human. Don't let the power go to your heads.

Good luck.
A

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks, New Mods, for being willing to devote your time and energy to this forum (goes for the non-elected candidates as well)
, happy to be moderated by you in the next two years! And thanks, Old Mods, for having done that in the past!

Do I have to make a speech?! :joyful::hilarious:
Yes, of course!

Salvia

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Best of luck to all the new Mods; of course, we shall all continue to be very well-behaved, as always, so your jobs will be easy o_O (or maybe not .... ). Thanks a bunch for taking it on, though - 'Modding' perhaps can be a pretty thankless task sometimes but your work really is appreciated.

Many thanks, and happy "retirement" for those stepping down

Reactions: ickihun