Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
It could be that your metabolic rate has slowed. I noticed on another thread that today, so far, you have only had some corned beef to eat. I would suggest something along the lines of keto porridge (recipe on Dietdoctor.com) or bacon and eggs for your breakfast. Have corned beef for a quick snack. Later have a full meal with plenty of healthy fats and moderate protein e.g a chop with buttered veggies and a bowl of greek yoghurt with a few berries in for pudding. Fathead pizza is a huge winner in our house, all the family like it.
I do not eat seafood but the family tell me that the salmon recipe on Headbangers Kitchen (youtube) is excellent. They have it with salad or mixed veggies.

Reactions: Sue192 and cdpm

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I know from my own experience that eating too little simply causes the body to shut down, refusing to expend energy when calories drop below the level it requires.
I lose weight eating far more calories than when I was on the point of collapse.

Reactions: cdpm

Peadair O Brionn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
having diabetes...... people who wear backpacks on the tube
I’ve been at the same weight for the last 3 weeks after losing about 2 1/2 stone I’m stuck at 16 stone 6 . So I’m gonna cut out the processed stuff I eat next week mainly sausages . But I don’t know what else to cut down on . I eat pretty well for LC mainly lots of meat cheese eggs a few veggies but lots of cheese and eggs . Might cut down on them a bit to . Anyone any thoughts , I’ve plateaued before and it normally kicks off again after 2 weeks but this time it’s taking longer than usual

Broomthebeast

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
i seem stuck in the same weight range
its in the same 5 pounds up and down
but i cant get past that weight

am i just stuck here?
is it the set point weight for me?
is that even a real thing?

i cant increase exercise as i cant even do
any daily exercise with the leg/knee pain and feet swelling
and i absolutely refuse to starve off weight
ive done that too many times
plus i tweaked my food down to barely any choices
already

am i stuck here forever?
https://www.fitnessblender.com/articles/can-starvation-diets-lead-to-weight-gain

Broomthebeast

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
No definition of “starvation” so this article falls at the first hurdle. Fasting has been shown to speed up the metabolism so it can’t mean fasting either.
Isn't it obvious, starvation = when you feel you're hungry all the time and/or you don't eat enough, as in 'starvation mode' = when your metabolism slows down to try to conserve whatever energy it has, so you don't lose weight anymore?

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Isn't it obvious, starvation = when you feel you're hungry all the time and/or you don't eat enough, as in 'starvation mode' = when your metabolism slows down to try to conserve whatever energy it has, so you don't lose weight anymore?
No it is not at all obvious and if you read the article you will see that they make no attempt to define what "starvation" they are talking about. Public Health England recently said that caloric intake should be 1500 kCals per day which is fewer than Ancel Keys used in his Minnesota Starvation Experiment. Fasting (which many would describe as "starvation") usually has the opposite effect and boosts your BMR. Its' more the "little and often" espoused by the Calories in Calories Out crew that messes with your metabolism. That's why the language of these reports is essential. And yes I do get very wound up at this kind of thing.

cdpm

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Side effects from medication
i recently googled what the amount of calories
for my age should be and it said 1600
which was way less than the sites with the
calculators that figure your calorie needs said
but this isnt to lose any weight (the 1600)
so what on earth would be an amount to lose any?
because i also was told by dietcians to never go below 1500
and on the other hand was told by other dietcians to
eat 1300 (in a different city that i lived in)
and then a different dietcian said just choose an amount
of calories that gives the necessary nutrients and let your body
go where it goes (to stop dieting) and her suggestion was 1600
there's just way too much different info.

cdpm

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
i recently googled what the amount of calories
for my age should be and it said 1600
which was way less than the sites with the
calculators that figure your calorie needs said
but this isnt to lose any weight (the 1600)
so what on earth would be an amount to lose any?
because i also was told by dietcians to never go below 1500
and on the other hand was told by other dietcians to
eat 1300 (in a different city that i lived in)
and then a different dietcian said just choose an amount
of calories that gives the necessary nutrients and let your body
go where it goes (to stop dieting) and her suggestion was 1600
there's just way too much different info.

and i know normally doing low carb or keto
it isnt necessary to count calories
but my hunger does not stop
so i need external things to tell me i had enough to eat

cdpm

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
how do people decide the right calorie level?

Broomthebeast

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I’ve been at the same weight for the last 3 weeks after losing about 2 1/2 stone I’m stuck at 16 stone 6 . So I’m gonna cut out the processed stuff I eat next week mainly sausages . But I don’t know what else to cut down on . I eat pretty well for LC mainly lots of meat cheese eggs a few veggies but lots of cheese and eggs . Might cut down on them a bit to . Anyone any thoughts , I’ve plateaued before and it normally kicks off again after 2 weeks but this time it’s taking longer than usual
If you already exercise you could change your exercise routine a bit, to mix things up and confuse your body a bit? (it usually works for me, I do strength training, normal cardio and a bit of HIIT)

derry60

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Rudeness,people being unkind
I know from my own experience that eating too little simply causes the body to shut down, refusing to expend energy when calories drop below the level it requires.
I lose weight eating far more calories than when I was on the point of collapse.
Think that is what happened to me..I have stalled for a month now. I was eating just one meal a day, hair was thinning and nails skin dry. I was having decent dinners but have now added lunches to see what happens

chrisha

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have the same problem I have lost 3 stone since being diagnosed in September but recently I have been gaining/losing a few pounds a week but stayed around 17 stone 1. not changed the way I eat recently but I am cycling a lot more

Broomthebeast

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have the same problem I have lost 3 stone since being diagnosed in September but recently I have been gaining/losing a few pounds a week but stayed around 17 stone 1. not changed the way I eat recently but I am cycling a lot more
Muscles! :)

Reactions: chrisha