What are you doing now and humorous banter.

Molly56

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
@Pipp ....have just checked set menu for lunch venue we are using and desserts menu includes ‘Apple Tarte Tatin, tamarind caramel sauce and apple sorbet’...
....guess that counts as apple pie......:hungry:.....:)

Reactions: Fairygodmother

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
@Pipp ....have just checked set menu for lunch venue we are using and desserts menu includes ‘Apple Tarte Tatin, tamarind caramel sauce and apple sorbet’...

Yum yum yum

Reactions: Cumberland

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Lovely lunch and afternoon in a cafe by the sea watching the rough waves break over the prom. Had moules frites, and so did the friend I was with. They weren’t the best but the ‘girly’ chat and the view made up for that. No after effects so that’s ok.

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yup,posh apple pie.

wolfie11969

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
By necessity we are going to have three different cakes....one main traditional fruitcake....plus a small fruit gluten free one...plus a small vegan fruitcake....needing to cater for all of our guests dietary requirements....don’t want to leave anyone out...:)

....first two sourced from a well done department store / food hall (no, not Harrods:rolleyes:) and third to be baked by @Clivethedrive as couldn’t source what we needed from elsewhere...

...will send a slice of virtual wedding cake to all of our forum friends....:joyful:

oh no you dont get away with it that easily - I want @Clivethedrive to bring me a slice the same day you get married ;)

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
By necessity we are going to have three different cakes....one main traditional fruitcake....plus a small fruit gluten free one...plus a small vegan fruitcake....needing to cater for all of our guests dietary requirements....don’t want to leave anyone out...:)

3 traditional joint cake cuts as husband & wife.. (With the knife.)

When we cut ours. It was in the image of my beloved black van... with the reg plate "WED 666." I didn't eat it, but it looked great! (& a write-off by the end of the day.)

@Clivethedrive , get a bus cake.. ;) You know you want too... :D

Reactions: Clivethedrive

Molly56

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Good morning campers, as Ruth Madoc used to say.
We are leaving Snowdonia this morning, riding down through Wales to pick up England somewhere near Gloucester and on to Reading, drawn by the promise of a BBQ tomorrow.
Have a great day if you can.:)
Good morning @dunelm .....hope you have a good trip....if you go anywhere near the Cotswolds you may pass @Clivethedrive in his white coach.....or me, en route to the Cotswolds to meet up with @Clivethedrive later...:happy:....
....I will wave to any bikers I see just in case it is you....:D

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Mornin’ everyone. Have a safe and happy ride dunelm. Have a glorious time in the Cotswolds Molly. Have a good day at work Karen. Be cheerful Cumbs and feel well. Happy thoughts of cake ahead Clive, and cakes past Jaylee. And future cakes Wolfie.
Cat sleeping. He doesn’t eat cake but dreams of mice hiding in the garden’s undergrowth so leaving him to it.