Low carb diet with minimum preparation

Rabdos

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello!

I want to do low carb diet. I was thinking that I can eat steamed chicken, burgers, meat with steamed veggies for a start. I like that with mayo as soon as the meat is juicy.

Can I buy ready to steam veggies and meat in pieces to just throw it into a device and cook it?
How long it will take?

Or maybe it would be faster to oven the meat and buy a ready to eat salad?
Any advice?

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello!

I want to do low carb diet. I was thinking that I can eat steamed chicken, burgers, meat with steamed veggies for a start. I like that with mayo as soon as the meat is juicy.

Can I buy ready to steam veggies and meat in pieces to just throw it into a device and cook it?
How long it will take?

Or maybe it would be faster to oven the meat and buy a ready to eat salad?
Any advice?
Sounds like you could do with a slow cooker. Chuck your meat and veggies in with some stock in the morning and dinner is ready in one pot in the evening.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
You could roast a chicken, and that would do a number of meaks, depending on the size of the chicken and your appetite. If you don't fancy much cleaning up, you can even buy roaster bags, or even buy a chicked already seasoned, and in the bag.

From a single chicken there are 4 natural quarter joints - 2 legs and two breast quartersm then the carcas ans craps make FAB stock, but you may not fancy that.

Personally, I rarely do frozen veg, but I understand Iceland (and I'm assuming other supermarkets) do individual steamer sachets of veg.

Reactions: CranberryIce

Rabdos

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Can I put chicken, meat, burgers in a steam bag and microwave it?
Can I put chicken, meat, burgers in a roast bag and oven it?
Which would be more juicy?

Scimama

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
cant answer the meat focused question, but many supermarkets do frozen cauliflower 'rice' which takes minutes to fry in butter and add to mushrooms in spicy cream sauce (low carb version of mushroom stroganoff). iceland do a nice broccoli and kale 'rice' in portion sized bags ready to microwave, goes well with stir fied tofu (but I expect chicken or beef strips would work :) )

Quick low carb meal is scrambled eggs, or poached eggs and asparagus

AloeSvea

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Yes, a meat dish (done in wok or on a bbq or in fry pan), and a ready to make salad is our standard fare in the summer. Minimum planning, prep and dishes. And yummy. We use herbs and spices a lot to...to... spice it up!

If you want to go really minimum planning and dishes - you could check out the zero-carbing/carnivore way of eating. Just meat, eggs and dairy (the latter two only if you want). I've tried it for periods of a few days to a week, and it certainly simplifies the whole food thing! Thought, execution, cleaning up - absolutely. (No chopping veg! No fiddling around with microwave veg steam bags!) And very filling, very good for the blood glucose etc levels.