If you are in a chocolate store to buy a gift, and the cashier offers you a free chocolate,

Do you Say?

• No Thank You

Votes: 18 36.0%
  • No Thank you, "I'm a Diabetic"

Votes: 9 18.0%
  • No thank you I’m allergic

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • "Is this any good?"

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • “Yes please. Can I have another!”

Votes: 7 14.0%
  • Hell yeah!!!! Gimme dat

Votes: 15 30.0%

• Total voters

luv2spin

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
people who think they know about Diabetes, but they really don't
You are also welcome to type your Answer

Reactions: JoKalsbeek

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Thanks. Can I have 2 as I have 2 children and it wouldnt be fair if just one? .

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I've quite often been offered the chance to purchase some sort of confectionary on a special deal, in a temptation stand by the till...

I just see it as a chance to make a gesture & treat that special non diabetic in my life. :happy:

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
If I'd very much wanted that piece of chocolate I would inject then and there for it and eat it. If I didn't I would probably ask if I could take it with me to eat when I'm low, as I have diabetes.

Reactions: ickihun

briped

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
"Hell yeah!!!! Gimme dat", and then I'd give it to the first homeless I met, and I wouldn't have to walk far either.

dancer

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Today I was offered a nice looking chocolate in Hotel Chocolat. I wanted to try it but had to ask if it was gluten free. The assistant said the ingredients were GF but they couldn't guarantee it was GF, as the chocs are made in a factory that uses wheat.:(

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
I can't imagine ever finding myself in a chocolate shop.

Reactions: donnellysdogs

briped

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Sorry, I was making a little joke but don't know how to do the smiley face!!
:happy::happy::happy: Click the little emoji icon hidden right between all the other icons above your text box. It's ok, I got it, just wasn't 100% sure as the same thought did strike me.

MikeTurin

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I have had a similar problem.
My supermarket has a lottery running to attract customers: You buy more than 10€ from a list of products and they give you a ticket.
I have won a jar of jam as a consolation prize, thai I gave to my dad. Problem solved.

By the way if it's a 72% or 88% bitter chocolate, I think it's ok.

lovinglife

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
The same answer I give whenever I am offered anything I don't want including non food items - no thank you - does it really need anything else?

Tabbyjoolz

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cruelty, bigotry
If it's at least 80% cocoa, then yeah! Otherwise it's a no thank you.

RW47

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have been a Type 1Diabetic (since I was 10) for over 61 years on 2 injections a day and I never once refused an offer of a chocolate.
What’s wrong with you people don’t you know how to control your Diabetes ? You all seem afraid of your own shadows.
If you control your Diabetes properly there is nothing you can’t do within reason .

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It happens to me quite often when I am in the Lindt shop buying 36 bars of 99% chocolate lol. I usually say No thanks, unless I have my son or hubby with me.

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have been a Type 1Diabetic (since I was 10) for over 61 years on 2 injections a day and I never once refused an offer of a chocolate.
What’s wrong with you people don’t you know how to control your Diabetes ? You all seem afraid of your own shadows.
If you control your Diabetes properly there is nothing you can’t do within reason .
Not quite the same for T2s. The only option many of us have is to stick to a low carb diet. With no bolus those free chocolates just aren't worth the spikes.

Edit: @RW47 If I am ever in shop at the same time as you I will give you my free chocolate. Being able to eat treats like that is the only perk of being a T1 as opposed to T2 I reckon, so enjoy it. :)

Last edited:

Boo1979

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
“ have you got any good quality dark chocolate ( i.e. over 85% cocoa solids ) that I can try? Otherwise no thanks”

Reactions: JoKalsbeek