Looking for a Diabuddy

bloodyassugar

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hello you, my new very sweet pal from around the world ♀️

My name is Saskia, I am 26 years old and am from Berlin. Since I don‘t know many people dealing with Diabetes, I am looking for a real Diabuddy who maybe even likes the same things as I do. Still, I am quite tolerant if you don‘t

I am really into Rock music and have fallen in love with Yoga! I like everything crazy and stupid and yeah, I am taking T1 quite serious. Maybe even too serious, at times. Sigh.

Hope to hear from you soon

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi @bloodyassugar . Welcome to the forum.
Not sure I'd make a very good Diabuddy. I'm getting on a bit these days and crazy, stupid things are things of years gone by.
Nonetheless I hope you find someone you can become friends with.
Rock music has been very influential in my life, more of the stuff from the 70's and 80's I have to admit.

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Hi @bloodyassugar Saskia and welcome to the forum :)

Am keen to know how you manage your bg levels during yoga ? I tried a class last Dec and ended up hypo which was a pain, interested to know if you have any tips ?

bloodyassugar

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi @bloodyassugar . Welcome to the forum.
Not sure I'd make a very good Diabuddy. I'm getting on a bit these days and crazy, stupid things are things of years gone by.
Nonetheless I hope you find someone you can become friends with.
Rock music has been very influential in my life, more of the stuff from the 70's and 80's I have to admit.

Thanks for your nice welcome address, buddy
If you were crazy once you probably still have this attitude in your blood BTW: I love the old s**t, too – music was better before I was born anyways. Long live Rock‘n‘Roll

Edited by moderator for language

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: himtoo

bloodyassugar

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi @bloodyassugar Saskia and welcome to the forum :)

Am keen to know how you manage your bg levels during yoga ? I tried a class last Dec and ended up hypo which was a pain, interested to know if you have any tips ?

Hey Juicyj ‍♀️ Thanks for your nice welcome address!
Actually, I have very rarely problems with my bg levels during my lessons. I turn off my basal rate beforehand, which perfectly fits for I run on a very low rate. You may have to use a temporary rate if you are running on a higher rate or eat some slow carbohydrates if you only use a pen.
The most important trick is basically to start on a level that fits your physical condition. There are so many different styles of yoga on so many different fitness levels that I found it most satisfying to try some of them at home first until I discovered what is best for me. I can strongly recommend a DVD by Yogaworks. There is a bundle containing three different DVDs which introduce you to Yoga. The DVDs are quite cheap and very good but there are also thousands of nice videos on YouTube

Reactions: Juicyj

Tony337

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being on holiday....
Hello
I'm a lot older than you, I don't like rock music, I don't do yoga and I'm a bloke..........
However I can welcome you along to this forum of friends who can help and give advice whether we have anything in common or not.

Wishing you all the very best

Tony

Reactions: daemoncor

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
mean people , gardening , dishonest people , and war.
why can't everyone get on........
hi there @bloodyassugar
welcome to the forum.!!:)

Long live rock indeed !! a big fan of all music but nothing beats some led zeppelin , or scorpions , or blue oyster cult !!

Reactions: Happyhomelands
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi Saskia, My name is Stephanie, and I'm 21 from Ireland.
I'm new to this forum and not really sure how it works... But,
I'm into all types of music and do have a love for rock music, and yoga! I've lost motivation lately but I'd love to get back into some daily yoga and also have someone to talk to diabetes about.. I'd love to talk with you more!

Signe_Kirk

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hey Saskia! My name is Signe and I'm 19. I'm from Denmark and I'm also really into rock music. I've been singing for almost ten years now and I play a bit of piano as well. My all time favorite music is 70's rock like Ozzy Osbourne and stuff like that :) I'd love to get to know you and discuss music with someone who knows what they are talking about ;)

Reactions: Rachel1608

pierre.jay.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
hey Saskia @bloodyassugar
I'm an 18 year old t1 diabetic living in Harrogate, UK. I love indie rock and alternative rock most (any other two door cinema club, nothing but thieves or arctic monkeys fans on here?)
If u want to get in touch feel free to PM me

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
If you’re an Alarm fan, then I’m your buddy :D But welcome to the forum!