MAY Fast 2018 . Stats n DATA . :)

rab5

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
My Diabetic nurse
The May Fast thread has most of the information from everyones Fast. However I think it would be good to have it in one place

So If you fasted for 7 hours, 7 days whatever.... and if you can... please post your Data/results here and also any personal information about how you got on.

Thanking everyone in advance...

rab5

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
My Diabetic nurse
Here Goes!

May Fast: 5 Days 17 hours approx (137 hrs)

FBG Range for the fast 3.6 - 4.5

Ketones Range during Fast 1.8 - 7.4

Start End

Weight 75.05kg - Dropped to 71.15 Kg (loss of -3.90 kg)

11st-11.5lbs Dropped to 11st. 2.9 lbs (loss of - 8.6 lbs)

Body Fat 17.9. (Dropped to 15.9). -2

Visceral Fat 8.5. (Dropped to 7.5). -1.0

BMI 23.2. Dropped to 22.0 -1.2

I really enjoyed this fast first day was a gift second day was interesting but didnt feel hungry apart from a couple of times. As the fast went on it was easier by the hour. The interesting thing for me was although I had no hunger pangs I couldnt stop thinking, or looking at recipes on the net. I was constantly thinking about food. Not wanting it, just planning how I would break the fast. I even went shopping to pick food I would eat at the end. It didnt effect the way I felt but the urge to plan didnt leave me- 'weird'.

However I was aware that I was maybe pushing myself too far in relation to body fat v BMI v loosing too much weight etc etc. It got to the stage were I decided to cut it short as my thoughts were I had gone far enough. Others were saying I was looking 'gaunt'.

My refeeding plan went out the window only because I had a barbecue to attend I was quite good. (only had a sirloin and couple of leak n pork sausages lol) . However I had halloumi cheese chips bacon salad olives and brazil/pecan nuts before goin out.!!!!

My fluid intake during the whole thing was actually Pepsi Max... I have commented on this before, again I would not recommend it, but it felt good and helped with the fast. The water to P/MAX was probably 5% water 95% P/MAX..... Who knows what that did to me.

5 days later........

FBG Range for the fast 3.6 - 4.5 4.5 - 5.3

Ketones Range during Fast 1.8 - 7.4 1.9 - 3.5

Start End . 5 days later........

Weight 75.05kg - Dropped to 71.15 Kg (loss of -3.90 kg) . 73 kg

11st-11.5lbs Dropped to 11st. 2.9 lbs (loss of - 8.6 lbs)

Body Fat 17.9. (Dropped to 15.9). -2 16.6

Visceral Fat 8.5. (Dropped to 7.5). -1.0 8.5

BMI 23.2. Dropped to 22.0 -1.2 22.5

I have put on 50% of the weight I lost (that was expected although percentage way more than usual)
Body Fat figures are steady
Visceral Fat steady
BMi steady

I think I have lost enough weight and I dont know if I will do a longer fast in the near future. I would recommend for anyone (if you are able) to try a fast, but start of slow and build up. It does get easier. My resting heart rate has lowered and I feel a lot better for doing the fast

Rab

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Interesting that your visceral fat has gone back to where you started after seeing a nice drop during the fast. I wonder why?

rab5

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
My Diabetic nurse
I think it could be the scales on any given moment.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Sorry forgot to add mine here..
Screen Shot 2018-05-30 at 16.57.16.png

Have put on more than I had hoped but just had third movement of the day so tomorrow may tell a different story! TMI?
Transitioning to a carnivore diet (only animal food) for the next week or so to see what happens.

Reactions: rab5

rab5

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
My Diabetic nurse

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Sorry forgot to add mine here..
View attachment 26783

Have put on more than I had hoped but just had third movement of the day so tomorrow may tell a different story! TMI?
Transitioning to a carnivore diet (only animal food) for the next week or so to see what happens.
as expected weight this a.m. 208 pounds

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
OK, so I didn’t manage to join the main fast, but have just completed 6 consecutive days of OMAD and since they were completed in May, thought I’d add some data. Data is from 7 days ago as I check in every Friday morning.

Starting weight 58.9 kg; today 57.9 kg so a 1kg loss

FBG last Friday 4.7; today 4.2

Ketones last Friday 1.1; today 3.8

BMI last week 22.4; today 22.1

Body fat % last Friday 32.1; today 31.7

A decent set of results and will see how long I can keep OMAD up for - have managed 2 full weeks twice before and on each occasion the second week saw improved results so that’s a good motivating factor.

Edited to add forgotten BMI.

Last edited:

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
OK, so I didn’t manage to join the main fast, but have just completed 6 consecutive days of OMAD and since they were completed in May, thought I’d add some data. Data is from 7 days ago as I check in every Friday morning.

Starting weight 58.9 kg; today 57.9 kg so a 1kg loss

FBG last Friday 4.7; today 4.2

Ketones last Friday 1.1; today 3.8

BMI last week 22.4; today 22.1

Body fat % last Friday 32.1; today 31.7

A decent set of results and will see how long I can keep OMAD up for - have managed 2 full weeks twice before and on each occasion the second week saw improved results so that’s a good motivating factor.

Edited to add forgotten BMI.
Thanks for sharing looks like you're getting some pretty good results.. excellent.

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Better late than never - had problems getting all the readings downloaded to my Contour meter's software. I've combined info from my various posts so (hopefully) I've now got everything in the one place.

21/05/18
FBG on 21/05/18 7:38am was 6.8 after approx 6 hours
BG at 18:45 6.2
BP 134/60
Ketonix level blue = zero
Weight about 95 kilos
Pre dinner BG at 20:17 5.8 which is approx where I am regularly before my evening meal
Post meal: BG at 22;19 6.9
Pre supper: BG at 11:35 6.2
Ketonix - orange ( = moderate dietary ketones)

22/05/18
Post meal BG at 22/05/18 1:40am 6.7
Total fast time approx 20 hours.
FBG at 10:44am 6.5
Ketonix = orange - so moderate ketones
blood pressure can do a rapid change for the better, so just now:
BP 165/68 -> 139/64
BG at 13:00 7.2 (? liver dump)
Nothing but water since I ate last night so 13+ hours until my coffee and cream break.
Mid afternoon - approx 2 hours post coffee break:
BG at 15:23 7.0
Ketonix still a jolly orange - so moderate ketones
Pre evening meal BG at 20:12 6.0
Ketonix - green (low ketone levels)
Post meal BG at 22:15 6.9
Ketonix - back up to orange (moderate ketones)

23/05/18
Had a snack immediately after last night's post meal test, then ate a very small meal later which was actually first meal of today - so very late supper or very early breakfast!
Pre meal BG at 00:40 5.9
Post meal BG at 02:41 5.7
FBG at 06:59 6.1
Ketonix - moderate orange ketones
Glucose levels are now much closer to those I was getting this time last year (pre oedema!) - and I had a much better sleep last night, but am verging on migrainey again this morning...:):(
BP 123/56
115/58
My sick day rules say I can stop BP meds so I'll do this today...
BG at 13:03 7.6 (? liver dump)
(stoppd fast)
BG at 20:06 pre meal 6.2
BG post meal 22:07 7.3

I have had some really bad glucose levels on and off over the last 7-8 months due to stress and ill health, and I don't think that the limited fasting I ended up doing actually made any difference at all to what I'd been seeing.

I've also just done a 24 hour June fast and the results are showing much more stable levels...

Robbity