Magnificent May Fast!

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Pipp I would second the Caresens Dual as a ketone meter if ever you did want to test. The strips were the cheapest my extensive research showed up.

Reactions: Pipp

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
To return to the topic of the thread..
I am happy to report no rebound of weight, which remains the same loss of 3.5 kg.
I haven't measured ketones, but have avoided carb foods and beer. BG levels are all in 6s, and even that liver dump where I have been seeing 8s an hour after getting up has taken a holiday today. I am not having breakfast until 1pm, and main meal finished by 7pm, only eating in that 6 hour window.
Thinking of investing in bathroom scales that do the body fat percentage magic. Happy to keep using the ketostix unless anyone can give a good reason why I need to invest in ketone meter instead.
Oh and the main meal since my fast was roast goose, with buttery cabbage, and green beans. Delicious!

Pipp - I still rate these, more than 4 years down the line. For me, the additional hand grasps (supposedly improve the accurancy of the body composition stats) were important.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Omron-BF511-Family-Composition-Monitor/dp/B00BBF8VEU

Reactions: rab5

rab5

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
My Diabetic nurse
IMG_5512.jpg

Reactions: jasmindesylva

eddie07

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Sorry didn't register for your May fast. Sounds like a good way to control blood sugar levels and maybe you could add me to your next fast.
I fasted for 3 consecutive days from Monday to Wednesday last week. But am a bit confused as I confined myself to drinking 2.5 litres of water, 4 mugs of coffee, around 20 grams of double cream with the coffee and bone broth in the evening. Does this count as a full fast or something like a semi fast.
Total calories consumed was less than 500 per day.
Would appreciate the community's views. Thanks Eddie

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Sorry didn't register for your May fast. Sounds like a good way to control blood sugar levels and maybe you could add me to your next fast.
I fasted for 3 consecutive days from Monday to Wednesday last week. But am a bit confused as I confined myself to drinking 2.5 litres of water, 4 mugs of coffee, around 20 grams of double cream with the coffee and bone broth in the evening. Does this count as a full fast or something like a semi fast.
Sounds pretty much what I do.. nothing solid but cream in my coffee. I think I averaged about 400cal per day last time.

rab5

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
My Diabetic nurse

Everyone does their own fast the way they feel. We are all in this together. We don’t want or desire it to turn into a competition. We learn from each other Great effort by the way on ur 3 day Fast.

Have you any data how it helped etc

eddie07

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Everyone does their own fast the way they feel. We are all in this together. We don’t want or desire it to turn into a competition. We learn from each other Great effort by the way on ur 3 day Fast.

Have you any data how it helped etc
Sure. I record everything but would imagine quite boring for anyone but me.
However the salient facts:
Blood sugar levels on Sunday 27th May evening was 9.2.
Monday evening down to 5.2, Tuesday 29th down to 4.9, Wednesday 30th evening 4.6. Thursday broke my fast with fried eggs for breakfast and steak for lunch. But BG was 4.5 and on Friday 1st June down to 4.0.
Saturday out to lunch with friends and BG up to 5.3 and this evening down to 5.1.
Weirdly the weight remained steady at 69 kg. Bit of a disappointment but my objective was to reduce BG as will be having my 3 monthly tests and I really want the HBA1C to be at the lower end of the normal range.
Diagnosed T2 diabetic around 15 years ago stopped Metformin 5 years ago and controlling BG through diet and exercise.
Eddie

rab5

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
My Diabetic nurse
Sure. I record everything but would imagine quite boring for anyone but me.
However the salient facts:
Blood sugar levels on Sunday 27th May evening was 9.2.
Monday evening down to 5.2, Tuesday 29th down to 4.9, Wednesday 30th evening 4.6. Thursday broke my fast with fried eggs for breakfast and steak for lunch. But BG was 4.5 and on Friday 1st June down to 4.0.
Saturday out to lunch with friends and BG up to 5.3 and this evening down to 5.1.
Weirdly the weight remained steady at 69 kg. Bit of a disappointment but my objective was to reduce BG as will be having my 3 monthly tests and I really want the HBA1C to be at the lower end of the normal range.
Diagnosed T2 diabetic around 15 years ago stopped Metformin 5 years ago and controlling BG through diet and exercise.
Eddie

We love data. Those measurements are awesome. Truly awesome

Do you need to lose weight? The BG stats are brilliant

Well done you

eddie07

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
We love data. Those measurements are awesome. Truly awesome

Do you need to lose weight? The BG stats are brilliant

Well done you
Thanks. My BMI seems to be in the normal range but my fat is 30.9% which is way too high.
It would be great to reduce my weight to 65kg from 68kg that I currently am.
Eddie