Reactions: Pipp

rab5

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
My Diabetic nurse
Come to think of it it might be a cultural thing. In Ireland we are not so sensitive about words. We tend to wax lyrical with the odd word that other nations(the English find offensive by the looks of things). I will endeavour to help the MODS out but maybe a list of banned words by pm might be helpful

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Come to think of it it might be a cultural thing. In Ireland we are not so sensitive about words. We tend to wax lyrical with the odd word that other nations(the English find offensive by the looks of things). I will endeavour to help the MODS out but maybe a list of banned words by pm might be helpful

I believe the reason is because this is an open forum where every Tom, **** and Uncle Tom Cobley can read without registering to become a member. Many of these people are children.

rab5

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
My Diabetic nurse
Even your post is vetted.

I suppose if there are kids who can read words it would be a massive crime if they read a curse word. That I understand

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I believe the reason is because this is an open forum where every Tom, **** and Uncle Tom Cobley can read without registering to become a member. Many of these people are children.
Yes, widely read, and so need to keep in mind cultural sensitivities. Moderation of posts is not a personal thing. I often have a good laugh before I edit. ;)

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
now i really want to know if you typed the word or put asterix..

Reactions: rab5

Salvia

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
No matter how amusing the post, if it breaks rules has to go, folks.
Please be mindful, and give us mods a bit of a break.

:sorry:
You are right, of course, duly noted

p.s. Just thought - do the 'like's and 'agree's or whatgever, get deleted as well?

Reactions: Pipp

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
To return to the topic of the thread..
I am happy to report no rebound of weight, which remains the same loss of 3.5 kg.
I haven't measured ketones, but have avoided carb foods and beer. BG levels are all in 6s, and even that liver dump where I have been seeing 8s an hour after getting up has taken a holiday today. I am not having breakfast until 1pm, and main meal finished by 7pm, only eating in that 6 hour window.
Thinking of investing in bathroom scales that do the body fat percentage magic. Happy to keep using the ketostix unless anyone can give a good reason why I need to invest in ketone meter instead.
Oh and the main meal since my fast was roast goose, with buttery cabbage, and green beans. Delicious!

Reactions: Alison Campbell

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Noice... that sounds v tasty and all that fat saved for cooking I trust..
Of course. Although after we had feasted on the crispy, fatty skin there was rather less of it left than anticipated.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
To return to the topic of the thread..
I am happy to report no rebound of weight, which remains the same loss of 3.5 kg.
I haven't measured ketones, but have avoided carb foods and beer. BG levels are all in 6s, and even that liver dump where I have been seeing 8s an hour after getting up has taken a holiday today. I am not having breakfast until 1pm, and main meal finished by 7pm, only eating in that 6 hour window.
Thinking of investing in bathroom scales that do the body fat percentage magic. Happy to keep using the ketostix unless anyone can give a good reason why I need to invest in ketone meter instead.
Oh and the main meal since my fast was roast goose, with buttery cabbage, and green beans. Delicious!
Hi @Pipp just a little bit of info re ketones. I find that my ketostix no longer register my ketones think this happens over time and I’ve been keto for 9 months now - however I’m motoring along on average day of 1.6 ketones when I test my blood which I do about once a week. I got a free carenssens duo meter from spirit healthcare which is free delivery too if you buy one pack of ketone testers. They work out at a pound per test but accurate and resssuring. Think that as body gets more efficient in doing ketones it dosent waste them by spilling them into your urine. The ketostix worked well in beginning but now don’t register at all. Just a thought as not a huge investment if you or anyone else is interested in testing their ketones. See below
http://spirit-healthcare.co.uk/product/caresens-dual-blood-glucose-and-ketone-meter/

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
@Pipp another ketone meter is the one that comes with the Libre sensor reader. It is dual purpose, but you do need the ketone strips for it. I mention it in case you are considering buying one.

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thank you @shelly262 and @bluetit. Really useful info, much appreciated.

Having only had ketones tested before during my monitored Newcastle diet phase, (seven years ago), I don't feel a great need for regular accurate measurement. This recent short fast made me realise I recognise the feeling of ketosis. Although this time, the ketostix only just turned colour, indicating mild ketosis, the feeling of wellbeing, lots of energy, and no hunger felt the same as I remember from that ND time. Although I am inquisitive about how things work, I am wary of becoming obsessive. Not that I am suggesting that would be the case for everyone. I just know and understand myself. Not saying never, but not for now.

As for the Libre, I would really like to have constant monitoring of BG levels, but have been advised by immunology consultant that it is not suitable for me as due to my rare immune condition it could cause a severe reaction to have the 'foreign body' of that mini probe in place, and adhesive as well as being an allergen for me, would probably not hold, as I spend many hours a week in deep water. (Swimming pool, but also metaphorically).