Looking for some pals who God thought where too sweet so he made diabetic?

Kaate

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
How's it going? :) I was diagnosed at 13, type 1. On nova rapid and tresiba injections. Very active, was away on holiday and my auntie noticed me lying about a lot which she knew wasn't normal, not eating and just unwell. was taken to my doctor when we came home and had a blood sugar of 23 and the rests history haha I'm very open about it, nobody's perfect and the way I see it God made so close to perfect at 13 he decided it was unfair to everyone else haha could be worse. what about you guys??

What’s tresiba injections I’ve never heard of that one before I’m on nova rapid and Lantus injections x

Reactions: MattH892

EmmaJ99

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi! I would love to talk About T1 with someone. I've only been diagnosed 3 days ago, so everything is very new. I'm only 24 and diabetes is not common in my family. I lost weight and had to pee lots, then went to the walk in centre where they send me to hospital, I think I haven't realised it completely yet..
Hi, I was diagnosed almost 2 months ago. I'm almost 19 but had the exact same problems as you (needing to pee a lot and weight loss). I also went into a walk in center and got taken to hospital

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
What’s tresiba injections I’ve never heard of that one before I’m on nova rapid and Lantus injections x
It's a different basal.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Hi not a youngster now, but diagnosed type 1 in 1989, a leaving present from my Ex lol :rolleyes: so 29 years.
Ireland is a beautuful country with relatives in NI, County Down.
Welcome :)

Reactions: sandra curtis

Ziggy2017

Type of diabetes
Type 3
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes and injections
Hi Matty my name is ziggy I am 19 I also live in Northern Ireland I have type 3 diabetes due to having a double lung transplant in 2012 the medications have caused me to devoleop diabetes I am on levemir and novorapid. What was your lowest blood glucose? My lowest was 2.7 I treated with m&ms but that didn’t work lol so I had a Capri sun which thankfully worked. Also are you religious?I see in your post you mentioned God. I am a catholic. Anyway have a nice day
P.S.Love the thread title
Ziggy

Cam2000

Hi
So I'm Matty, 24 and from Northen Ireland.
Just looking for some fellow diabetics to have as mates, maybe even get a wee WhatsApp group going? Lol

Well I’m definitely late to this forum and even this app. Still trying to find my way around.

But Hey guys, I’m Cameron!

I’m 18y/o live in Scotland. I was diagnosed with diabetes in 2005 so I’ve had it 13years+. It’s been a lot of fun, haha. I honestly don’t remember much about my diagnosis except from waking up in hospital one day to my first ever injection and meal. I don’t have the greatest control I guess. My latest A1c was 45 but the libre shows flaws. Guessing it’s time to work on them.

Matty_Type1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi! I would love to talk About T1 with someone. I've only been diagnosed 3 days ago, so everything is very new. I'm only 24 and diabetes is not common in my family. I lost weight and had to pee lots, then went to the walk in centre where they send me to hospital, I think I haven't realised it completely yet..

Hey, I've been diabetic for 13 years and feel your pain.

Give us a message! always good to have someone who knows the story, sick of explaining it over and over lol.

Matty_Type1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hey, Ive been a Type1 diabetic since i was 6 years old, im now 22!

Definately struggle with my diabetes, never been perfect but slowly getting there. STRUGGLE IS REAL haha!

Would love to get to know some other young T1s and make some friends and help each other :D

Hey, I've been diabetic for 13 years and feel your pain.

Give us a message! always good to have someone who knows the story, sick of explaining it over and over lol.

Reactions: MattH892