1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2019 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Looking for some pals who God thought where too sweet so he made diabetic?

Discussion in 'Young People/Adults' started by Matty_Type1, Apr 21, 2017.

1. Kaate

Kaate Type 1 · Active Member

What’s tresiba injections I’ve never heard of that one before I’m on nova rapid and Lantus injections x

• Like Like x 1
  2. EmmaJ99

EmmaJ99 Type 1 · Active Member

Hi, I was diagnosed almost 2 months ago. I'm almost 19 but had the exact same problems as you (needing to pee a lot and weight loss). I also went into a walk in center and got taken to hospital

3. Diakat

Diakat Type 1 · Moderator
    Staff Member

It's a different basal.

4. Robinredbreast

Robinredbreast Type 1 · Oracle

Hi not a youngster now, but diagnosed type 1 in 1989, a leaving present from my Ex lol :rolleyes: so 29 years.
    Ireland is a beautuful country with relatives in NI, County Down.
    Welcome :)

• Like Like x 1
  5. Ziggy2017

Ziggy2017 Type 3 · Well-Known Member

Hi Matty my name is ziggy I am 19 I also live in Northern Ireland I have type 3 diabetes due to having a double lung transplant in 2012 the medications have caused me to devoleop diabetes I am on levemir and novorapid. What was your lowest blood glucose? My lowest was 2.7 I treated with m&ms but that didn’t work lol so I had a Capri sun which thankfully worked. Also are you religious?I see in your post you mentioned God. I am a catholic. Anyway have a nice day
    P.S.Love the thread title
    Ziggy

6. Matty_Type1

Matty_Type1 Type 1 · Member

As long as it’s a pint of milk mate for I don’t drink haha

7. Cam2000

Cam2000 · Member

Well I’m definitely late to this forum and even this app. Still trying to find my way around.

But Hey guys, I’m Cameron!

I’m 18y/o live in Scotland. I was diagnosed with diabetes in 2005 so I’ve had it 13years+. It’s been a lot of fun, haha. I honestly don’t remember much about my diagnosis except from waking up in hospital one day to my first ever injection and meal. I don’t have the greatest control I guess. My latest A1c was 45 but the libre shows flaws. Guessing it’s time to work on them.

8. Matty_Type1

Hey, I've been diabetic for 13 years and feel your pain.

Give us a message! always good to have someone who knows the story, sick of explaining it over and over lol.

9. Matty_Type1

Hey, I've been diabetic for 13 years and feel your pain.

Give us a message! always good to have someone who knows the story, sick of explaining it over and over lol.

• Like Like x 1
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook