Type 2 Yes Or No To Artificial Sweetener Diabetes Type 2?

azad1983

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I am 5-8 and was weighing 86 kg when diagnosed and now I 78kg after following some low carb diet. I normally drink one or two cups of coffee a day with skimmed milk and no sugar.
I am confused on artificial sweetener as there are lots of thing you find in online. Any advice please?

Jenny15

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Jazz music, science denial, and running out of coffee.
I use a little of it as I am not concerned about it's effects on my body and I wouldn't enjoy coffee without it. There is research showing it can raise BG a little and it can trigger hunger and weight gain as much as sugar would, so IMO a decision not to use it is reasonable. I just prefer to take the risk because I try not to sweat the small stuff. YMMV (your mileage may vary).

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I am 5-8 and was weighing 86 kg when diagnosed and now I 78kg after following some low carb diet. I normally drink one or two cups of coffee a day with skimmed milk and no sugar.
I am confused on artificial sweetener as there are lots of thing you find in online. Any advice please?
My question would be why the skimmed milk? And if you are ok without sweeteners then all the better.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
My question would be why the skimmed milk? And if you are ok without sweeteners then all the better.

Good question. However, I use skimmed milk in my tea (4 cups a day normally) because I hate creamy tea. I don't even like it with the semi skimmed that hubby uses.

I put sweeteners in my tea and coffee. I have been using sweetener that way since the 1980's when I went to Weight Watchers and have continued ever since. I'm still alive. I think!

Reactions: Jenny15

millenium

Type of diabetes
Carer
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Urban noise, environmental destruction
I use only stevia, a natural non calories sweetener. It is not exactly the same like sugar but it is good enough.

Jenny15

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Jazz music, science denial, and running out of coffee.
I agree. Off the top of my head I don't remember the carb content of different types of milk but, in addition to higher fat, I wonder if full fat milk has slightly lower carbs too? I adore double cream btw.