Why So Few?

mountaintom

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I find that some folk on here can be quite judgmental and rude, when I was first diagnosed I daren't post a fbg anywhere as seeing everyone elses great numbers was embarrassing and I felt ashamed that I'd woken up high, I realise it wasn't my fault, I was newly diagnosed and it takes time for things to work out/settle etc but it still didn't make me feel any better, I also find there aren't many here up for a bit of banter xx

I have been considering this subject for some time - namely that those of us newly diagnosed t1’s are under undue pressure by comparing ourselves to the t1’s who have been at it for years and years. I got really wrapped up in it and it was a direct result of spending too much time on this forum. That is until my nurse had a word with me. I came home and took a step back, loosened up a bit and let the numbers rise slightly and let the hypos become fewer and just got on with COPING with the whole f***ing grief of it all. I needed a bit of time to just live my life again. My nurse said at our recent meeting “I thought I was going to lose you at one point”. I was finger pricking at least 25 times a day and my fingers were in bits. Not so now.

As for the banter well, perhaps we can start a new thread:

T1 FBG (with some banter)

I do, however, think it would be really helpful for all of us to post our not so good numbers now and again like they do on the t2 thread. It’s good to know that someone else has had a sh*t morning now and again.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
I have been considering this subject for some time - namely that those of us newly diagnosed t1’s are under undue pressure by comparing ourselves to the t1’s who have been at it for years and years. I got really wrapped up in it and it was a direct result of spending too much time on this forum. That is until my nurse had a word with me. I came home and took a step back, loosened up a bit and let the numbers rise slightly and let the hypos become fewer and just got on with COPING with the whole f***ing grief of it all. I needed a bit of time to just live my life again. My nurse said at our recent meeting “I thought I was going to lose you at one point”. I was finger pricking at least 25 times a day and my fingers were in bits. Not so now.

As for the banter well, perhaps we can start a new thread:

T1 FBG (with some banter)

I do, however, think it would be really helpful for all of us to post our not so good numbers now and again like they do on the t2 thread. It’s good to know that someone else has had a sh*t morning now and again.

It's not specifically a T2 thread the one with some chat there are T1's who post regularly , the other one in the T2 forum is mainly T2.

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Just a thought. Should we call non-diabetics T0’s?

D76949C1-1F15-4874-86FD-14ECD599C4A2.jpeg

mytype1.life

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I’m not sure not many T1s are aware of the Forum if I’m honest. Also, as said there are a lot of other social media sites.
Re: fasting levels I’m not really sure why I haven’t posted there

Reactions: mountaintom

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I’m not sure not many T1s are aware of the Forum if I’m honest. Also, as said there are a lot of other social media sites.
Re: fasting levels I’m not really sure why I haven’t posted there
A very good point. This forum is just the tip of the tip of a very big iceberg. There is a much bigger world of diabetes out there.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)