Advice On Code Free Meter

azad1983

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My GP hasn't prescribed any glucose meter and but prescribed metformin and I think it is better to check regularly. End of the day, this is my health and checking glucose regularly gives me a piece of mind hence I bought a one-touch Verio meter but the cost of strips quite high. I was looking at codefree which seems quite cheaper. Does anyone uses it, any advice, please.
Thanks in advance.

xfieldok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My GP hasn't prescribed any glucose meter and but prescribed metformin and I think it is better to check regularly. End of the day, this is my health and checking glucose regularly gives me a piece of mind hence I bought a one-touch Verio meter but the cost of strips quite high. I was looking at codefree which seems quite cheaper. Does anyone uses it, any advice, please.
Thanks in advance.
I use CodeFree and have no complaints. I use about 200 strips per month. Tagging @Rachox for link and discount codes.

Reactions: bigjim19 and Rachox

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I use it and it is perfectly acceptable.
The strips work out at £5.98 per 50 if you buy in bulk with the discount code below and claim the VAT reduction.

Here is info on meters that are popular on the forum:

“Taken from a post by @Bluetit1802 as she wrote it so nicely:

The most popular meters for self funding T2's are the Codefree and the Tee2 because the strips are much cheaper than other meters, and you need a lot of strips. You can't buy them in pharmacies.

Try here for the Codefree meter

http://homehealth-uk.com/product-category/blood-glucose/blood-glucose-monitor/

and here for the extra strips

http://homehealth-uk.com/all-products/sd-codefree-test-strips-to-be-used-only-with-the-sd-monitor/

There are discount codes if you buy in bulk.

5 packs 264086

10 packs 975833

The Tee2 is here and the meter is free.

http://spirit-healthcare.co.uk/product-category/shop/tee2/

Don’t forget to check the box that you have diabetes so you can buy VAT free. (for either meter)

Reactions: Martin2018

andcol

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
yes many use it here including me. I buy the strips in amounts of 250 and apply the batch discount code which makes them even cheaper. I have no complaints against it. I would suggest stick to a meter and stay with a meter - try not to compare them as they all tend to read higher or lower in the allowed tolerances

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes, the Codefree is very popular with members of this forum.

If you buy another meter, put your old one away for emergencies. Comparing 2 different meters becomes very confusing.

michita

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks in advance.
I use codefree and I quite like it.

bigjim19

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
a lot of food im supposed to eat yuk
Me too no complaints

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Codefree is fine use it all the time but if you choose another it's no crime.