Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
Full fat Greek yoghurt is the lowest carb type and quite high in protein. I just discovered the Fage Total 5% fat Greek yoghurt which has only 3g carbs but 9 g protein per 100g. It is mind-blowingly delicious.

Oh I do like Fage. Just wish I could pronounce it!

Winnie53

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
If you're still actively trying to lose weight, you might find the musings of Dr Ted Naiman interesting - especially his writing on the 'protein leveraging hypothesis'.

If you look around a health food shop, I'm pretty sure you'd be able to find a low carb protein shake. I used one called Locarb Bodies for a while, but pretty sure it was an Aussie product.

Hard boiled eggs make great protein on the go. If your nutritionist is still on the 'saturated fat is bad' bandwagon, frankly I'd be finding a new nutritionist.

Indy51, I've been watching all the Ted Naiman videos on Diet Doctor this week. I'm going to start a new thread on this topic after work tonight. What he's saying about protein is very interesting.

azad1983

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi everyone!
I have been diagnosed with type 2 diabetes now for around 9 weeks. I’m 33, have an 11 month old son (was boaderline while pregnant but no gestational diabetes) and weigh 67kg. My BMI is 25. This diagnosis was a big surprise to me but I’ve come to terms with it.
I have for the past 6 weeks been seeing a personal trainer. She has set my macros, my blood sugars are improving and I’m losing cms in all the right places.
My question is about protein. I can never meet my protein goals. I’ve tried a few low sugar protein bars but find them quite powdery. I’ve always been a fan of a protein shake made with water. Is there any that you would recommend? This would only be for once or twice a week while I’m building muscle and to inch me closer to that goal. I’m eating as much meat and eggs as I can tolerate. I also have a bowel condition (life can be very unfair).
Sorry for the long post and thanks in advance for your help!
Welcome, I eat cheese, milk and lugumes