Why Are We Fat? Nz Documentary Series

Indy51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Episode 2 is particularly sobering, showing the outcomes of people who ignored their diabetes. Reminds me very much of something a member here said many moons ago (@Dillinger if I'm recalling correctly) - you can ignore diabetes all you want, just don't make the mistake of thinking it's ignoring you back :(

Reactions: zand and AloeSvea

Indy51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Reaching the end, I just wish that he'd been wearing a CGM along his journey. Also a shame that we didn't get BG and A1c results at the end. The pancreatic fat reduction was AWESOME :angelic:

I could probably nit-pick the show to death as seems to happen with many documentaries, but I still think it's one of the best so far ;)

Dillinger

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Celery.
Hi @Indy51 - you've summoned me back from beyond the beyond! Hope all's good. That was one of mine. Is everyone still arguing about statins and low-carbing on here? I hope so; we need SOME continuity in our lives!

Best

Dillinger

Indy51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi @Indy51 - you've summoned me back from beyond the beyond! Hope all's good. That was one of mine. Is everyone still arguing about statins and low-carbing on here? I hope so; we need SOME continuity in our lives!

Best

Dillinger
Great to see you again, @Dillinger. I'm sure I'm not the only one who misses your sage words of advice around this joint :cool:

Reactions: Dillinger