1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2019 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Why Are We Fat? Nz Documentary Series

Discussion in 'Weight Loss and Dieting' started by Indy51, Jun 24, 2018.

1. Indy51

Indy51 Type 2 · Expert

2. Tipetoo

Tipetoo Type 2 · Expert

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Indy51

Indy51 Type 2 · Expert

Episode 2 is particularly sobering, showing the outcomes of people who ignored their diabetes. Reminds me very much of something a member here said many moons ago (@Dillinger if I'm recalling correctly) - you can ignore diabetes all you want, just don't make the mistake of thinking it's ignoring you back :(

• Like Like x 2
  4. Indy51

Indy51 Type 2 · Expert

Reaching the end, I just wish that he'd been wearing a CGM along his journey. Also a shame that we didn't get BG and A1c results at the end. The pancreatic fat reduction was AWESOME :angelic:

I could probably nit-pick the show to death as seems to happen with many documentaries, but I still think it's one of the best so far ;)

5. Dillinger

Dillinger Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Hi @Indy51 - you've summoned me back from beyond the beyond! Hope all's good. That was one of mine. Is everyone still arguing about statins and low-carbing on here? I hope so; we need SOME continuity in our lives!

Best

Dillinger

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. Indy51

Indy51 Type 2 · Expert

Great to see you again, @Dillinger. I'm sure I'm not the only one who misses your sage words of advice around this joint :cool:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook