Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
forum bugs
Hi
Welcome to the forums
This does seem to be a recurring issue for T1 diabetics I'm afraid. So, here's a list of the usual suspects
1) insulin (either basal or bolus) has gone off (eg been kept at too high or low temperatures)
2) you're ill with something as yet undiagnosed (eg urinary tract infections can be asymptomatic for some people). If you already know you're ill (eg a cold) then this is definitely the likely culprit.
3) You've been overusing your injection sites which is interfering with uptake of insulin.
4) Stress can also make your blood sugars go up.
5) On any new medications? Some can make your blood sugar go up.

That's all my ideas for now. My first step is always to change out my insulin vials, (unless I know I'm sick, in which case I just keep blood testing and injecting).

Good luck

D

Deleted Account

Hi
Welcome to the forums
This does seem to be a recurring issue for T1 diabetics I'm afraid. So, here's a list of the usual suspects
1) insulin (either basal or bolus) has gone off (eg been kept at too high or low temperatures)
2) you're ill with something as yet undiagnosed (eg urinary tract infections can be asymptomatic for some people). If you already know you're ill (eg a cold) then this is definitely the likely culprit.
3) You've been overusing your injection sites which is interfering with uptake of insulin.
4) Stress can also make your blood sugars go up.
5) On any new medications? Some can make your blood sugar go up.

That's all my ideas for now. My first step is always to change out my insulin vials, (unless I know I'm sick, in which case I just keep blood testing and injecting).

Good luck
I'd add -
- check your pens are working and are actually injecting something. Start with a small dose into the air. If this does not work. change your pen.