Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Hello and welcome @Knikki

How long have you been diagnosed ? Am sure you've got lots of experience that would be useful around here for other members so please join in :)

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@Knikki . Welcome to the forum .
52 yrs worth of knowledge and experience. A great addition for all of us.
I must raise one point though....... I can't get the " voice of the Mysterons" out of my head at the moment :banghead::banghead:

Alison54321

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello @Knikki

Really good that you have come to join the forum. I am very impressed with your no compromise cake eating stance. I just googled the health benefits of eating cake, seems there are quite a few.

I have had type 1 diabetes for 42 years, and I wonder sometimes how I survived. Good to have you join us.

Reactions: Knikki and Prem51

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
Hi @Nnikki,
Well done. You beat me by one year ! 51 years here in Oz on insulin.
I do admit that cake is not usually on my menu except after an unexpectedly long bout of exercise or as a convenient excuse to treat a hypo. Just do not mention Nutella, though !!
Can you tell us something about how you managed so many years without leaking like a sieve from all those insulin shots ?
Best Wishes !!

K

Knikki

@kitedoc Fortunatly I don't leak like a sieve however I don't float either, guess it is down to all those holes in me :)

@Alison54321 Yep I love cake but like all things, as much of fiend I make myself out to be, it is all things in moderation :) plus too many time (like lots of us have had)
The World Expert "Oh your diabetic?"
Me "yep"
The World Expert "You can't eat that then" with smug look on face.
Me "Really? watch me" NOM NOM NOM NOM!

And I really do have a sweet tooth. :angelic:

@Alexandra100 When you say "Dr B" do you mean Dr Bernstien? if so he is a new name to me and as he is certainly admired by many I will have to look him up. :bookworm:

Alexandra100

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Reactions: dbr10
K

Knikki

@Alexandra100 Thanks for the link and I shall have a read later but you never know what philosophy suites who or where, each to there own and every one is differnet, some think he great, others think he is a quack and some sit on the fence. At the moment I do not know much about him but will look with an open mind :D

And yep done the whole boil the syringe, metal needles in alchohol, testing urines (which I think were at least 5 hours out) so all inall might share a few things with him.

Alexandra100

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
some think he great, others think he is a quack and some sit on the fence
I can well understand that many people find Dr B's proposed diet of 30g carbs daily too strict. IMO people who think he is a quack have not read his book.

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
I can well understand that many people find Dr B's proposed diet of 30g carbs daily too strict. IMO people who think he is a quack have not read his book.

30g of carbs a day....I would literally shrivel up and die....I like @Knikki could do that on a piece of cake :D

Where do I get my long term medal from???? 46 years here