Type 2 Anyone Tried This?

Mal37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Social situations
Okay ... so I cannot have ice-cream to cool me down in the hot weather ... but I CAN have ice cold plain yogurt, mixed with double cream and yummy sweet British Strawberries and Raspberries! Mmmmm But has anyone tried maybe blending this all together and trying to freeze into ice-cream, as I'm wonderingb if it will work?

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
Use frozen berries, no need to freeze. Yummy indeed.

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Okay ... so I cannot have ice-cream to cool me down in the hot weather ... but I CAN have ice cold plain yogurt, mixed with double cream and yummy sweet British Strawberries and Raspberries! Mmmmm But has anyone tried maybe blending this all together and trying to freeze into ice-cream, as I'm wonderingb if it will work?

It could work, but if you don't have one of those magic ice cream making machines you would need to take it out of the freezer every half hour or so and give it a good stir to stop ice crystals forming until it was ice cream consistency.

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I got an icecream maker recently - not at all expensive and it even came with two bowls - works really well.

Reactions: Mal37

Mal37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Social situations
It could work, but if you don't have one of those magic ice cream making machines you would need to take it out of the freezer every half hour or so and give it a good stir to stop ice crystals forming until it was ice cream consistency.
I may just try that then! Could be really lovely :)

Reactions: Pipp

Mal37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Social situations
Use frozen berries, no need to freeze. Yummy indeed.
I always have loads of fresh berries in though as I have them for breakfast on my porridge/chia/fennel seed mix :)

NannyP 2

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
i am another one who uses frozen berry's, vanilla and cream blitz together yum yum

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I put frozen raspberries plus cream and yog into a blender a wizzed it up.
you can freeze any glut of fresh berries and then blitz with cream to make instant "ice cream"
Yes I think so the only problem I found with raspberries was the pips got blitzed as well so the resulting ice cream was a bit "sandy" in texture and spent the 1/2 hour following picking the bits out of my teeth. Strawberries would probably be better for this (I just don't specially like them). Or maybe blitz them for less time in the blender.