Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Suffolk gal

@Rachox Can you taste the egg in that recipe?
Ah, problem. I'm allergic to eggs, so sadly that's a no-go I'm afraid. Thank you though. My muesli is Allen no added sugar. I'm sure it's not good, but it's the lowest one I could find when I checked labels. Maybe I should just breakfast with yogurt? I've become a yogurt junkie since diagnosis, and I never much liked it. At least I'm going from not overweight to 10lbs less!

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Ah, problem. I'm allergic to eggs, so sadly that's a no-go I'm afraid. Thank you though. My muesli is Allen no added sugar. I'm sure it's not good, but it's the lowest one I could find when I checked labels. Maybe I should just breakfast with yogurt? I've become a yogurt junkie since diagnosis, and I never much liked it. At least I'm going from not overweight to 10lbs less!
I suggest just miss the egg out and maybe add in some more coconut cream.

Reactions: zand

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I suggest just miss the egg out and maybe add in some more coconut cream.
It will end up really runny though! :( It relies on the egg cooking to thicken it.

Suffolk gal

I may try homemade low salt brown seeded bread with button mushrooms. Would that be better than the muesli? Thank goodness I see the carbohydrates nurse for a 2 hour diet help session on Monday. The Desmond all day appointment is mid August. It seems mad the dr gives his diagnoses along with the meds prescription, but that's it for weeks. The only help is you great folk on here.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I may try homemade low salt brown seeded bread with button mushrooms. Would that be better than the muesli? Thank goodness I see the carbohydrates nurse for a 2 hour diet help session on Monday. The Desmond all day appointment is mid August. It seems mad the dr gives his diagnoses along with the meds prescription, but that's it for weeks. The only help is you great folk on here.
The mushrooms should be fine... fried in butter I hope.. personally I'd ditch the bread..
If you are seeing a carbohydrates nurse maybe don't expect too much!

Marcus1234

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I understand that lowering the carbs is definitely going to help the diabetes, but is higher fat content going to make my already high cholesterol higher still? I've been vegetarian for about 60 years, and the triple diagnosis has been a shock. I've received lots of advice on this site, which is great as I still haven't seen anyone medical since diagnosed, so am doing this thing 'blind'.
Hi, I also suffer very high cholesterol and have recently been diagnosed with type 2 diabetes. I'm struggling with my diet at the moment. The LCHF diet looks a favourite for diabetics but not for people with high cholesterol levels.
My GP wants me to take statins which I am reluctant to due to previous nasty side effects, I am hoping to start an exercise plan after my holiday to reduce some weight and hoping this will help with my diabetes and lower my cholesterol naturally.
Good luck.

Suffolk gal

Hi, I also suffer very high cholesterol and have recently been diagnosed with type 2 diabetes. I'm struggling with my diet at the moment. The LCHF diet looks a favourite for diabetics but not for people with high cholesterol levels.
My GP wants me to take statins which I am reluctant to due to previous nasty side effects, I am hoping to start an exercise plan after my holiday to reduce some weight and hoping this will help with my diabetes and lower my cholesterol naturally.
Good luck.
I also have high cholesterol and high blood pressure. Also had a bad experience with statins which resulted in 5 months off work - first time I'd been off more than a few days except when having children. I agree the LCHF diet looks as good in one way as it looks bad in another for us.

Reactions: Marcus1234

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I also have high cholesterol and high blood pressure. Also had a bad experience with statins which resulted in 5 months off work - first time I'd been off more than a few days except when having children. I agree the LCHF diet looks as good in one way as it looks bad in another for us.
You need to read up on current cholesterol science and not the c**p that doctors spout..
Also quite a few report "improved" cholesterol numbers when low carbing.

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
My experience is that my cholesterol has gone down with LCHF, but I understand that doesn't always happen.

Suffolk gal

I'm definitely trying to follow LCHF but I'm struggling somewhat. I'll keep going though cos I want to control this and not have it controlling me. Early days, but I think mostly I'm feeling better. I seem to find it hard to think of much else though. It's a scary place to suddenly find yourself. Aiming to go through recipes etc on here to find more I can eat. I've already decided not to listen to dr.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm definitely trying to follow LCHF but I'm struggling somewhat. I'll keep going though cos I want to control this and not have it controlling me. Early days, but I think mostly I'm feeling better. I seem to find it hard to think of much else though. It's a scary place to suddenly find yourself. Aiming to go through recipes etc on here to find more I can eat. I've already decided not to listen to dr.
Great news.. Not sure if anyone has suggested www.dietdoctor.com as a great place for recipes too... quite a few vegetarian ones as well.