D

Deleted member 308541

df6bdh3x4aekr7x_7ca71bf5560bef4a5bbc797c46d01a5edbf0d35b.jpg

Arab Horse

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Ha, ha; if it is women's day surely we don't have to do the ironing on that day!!!!

Arab Horse

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
It is the thing other people do when they have boring little lives and not enought to do. I am told you can spend a lot of time doing it but I haven't tried.

Reactions: Grumpy ole thing

wolfie11969

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It's something I do once a year before going on holiday so I look smart. Other than that we buy clothes that dont need ironing

I've even heard of people that iron their teatowels, socks, pants, hankies. Definitely bored

Arab Horse

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
It's something I do once a year before going on holiday so I look smart. Other than that we buy clothes that dont need ironing

I've even heard of people that iron their teatowels, socks, pants, hankies. Definitely bored

Yes, I heard that but surely it is a lie? If you stretch things out on the washing line then they don't look too bad or is it just that now I am ancient and the eye sight has deteriorated I don't see the creases?

Wise decision Wolfie, I too buy things that don't need ironing although sometimes that is a lie and they do; they then lurk in the back of the wardrobe unworn!

wolfie11969

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes, I heard that but surely it is a lie? If you stretch things out on the washing line then they don't look too bad or is it just that now I am ancient and the eye sight has deteriorated I don't see the creases?

Wise decision Wolfie, I too buy things that don't need ironing although sometimes that is a lie and they do; they then lurk in the back of the wardrobe unworn!

I stretch things out, I use the tumble dryer. i even bribe people to do my ironing with a ash incentive. It's the bane of my life and cant understand people who do it for a job

Arab Horse

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I suppose if you were actually being paid to do it it wouldn't seem so bad.

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I wouldn't do it even if you paid me!

(Oddly enough though when I used to make my own clothes an iron came in very handy for pressing seams, etc, but I never ever considered that as ironing! :wideyed:)

Robbity

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
It's something my husband does.

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
I sew and iron when needed although I am only allowed to use a travel iron, not my wife's supa-dupa model iron.
I am also house trained and certifiably insane ( according to my wife).
So how do you think the Mens' Day banner will look like? (probably have a sewn section saying "ironed by a lady" !

Arab Horse

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I sew and iron when needed although I am only allowed to use a travel iron, not my wife's supa-dupa model iron.
I am also house trained and certifiably insane ( according to my wife).
So how do you think the Mens' Day banner will look like? (probably have a sewn section saying "ironed by a lady" !

If you come here I will let you use my super dooper mega expensive iron (although I confess to having bought it in a closing down sale so less than half price), only used a VERY few times. I would also allow you to use the vacuum cleaner and various other fantastic toys all in "nearly new" condition despite having had them for some time. The insanity I can tolerate. Reminds me of the old saying "All the world's mad except thee and me and even thee's a little odd".

Derbyshire Boy

Neither myself or my missus do any ironing, we don't even own an ironing board*.

However, at the other end of the scale, I have a gay male contemporary who always used to iron every darned thing: socks, underwear, doilies, etc, included. I haven't seen him for years, but assume he still does all that. Shame we're now separated by over 200 miles, otherwise I'd take some of our kit round for him to iron.

*Yes, we're slobs, I know!

Arab Horse

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I have a gay male friend and he is very fussy about everything so I assume he irons everything. Total waste of a life; think of all the other interesting things you could be doing!

Reactions: Derbyshire Boy

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
If you come here I will let you use my super dooper mega expensive iron (although I confess to having bought it in a closing down sale so less than half price), only used a VERY few times. I would also allow you to use the vacuum cleaner and various other fantastic toys all in "nearly new" condition despite having had them for some time. The insanity I can tolerate. Reminds me of the old saying "All the world's mad except thee and me and even thee's a little odd".
Ha ! Thank you @Arab Horse. Your offer is most tempting. Perhaps I need a mental fitness certificate to operate domestic devices (MFTODV) first. (I am sure for one nanny set of states, the Australian Government is working on such certification)

Arab Horse

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Ha ! Thank you @Arab Horse. Your offer is most tempting. Perhaps I need a mental fitness certificate to operate domestic devices (MFTODV) first. (I am sure for one nanny set of states, the Australian Government is working on such certification)[/Q

****, you have discovered why I can't use said domestic appliances here in UK. Not sure if we have the same rules here in UK but being a law abiding citizen I won't risk it so said appliance stay safely in their boxes. However, the upside to it all is
1 my wrinkles pale into insignificance next to my clothes and
2 my great, great, great ,great grandchildren will have said appliances in pristine condition in their boxes, which I am told greatly increases the value of an antique, and may one day sell them for a vast sum of money.

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
Why not grasp the nettle, um, iron handle and try ??