Prediabetes Newly Diagnosed

hazelzac

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all,first of all let me thanks all of you for being so helpful I am reading all the threads since my diagnosis and gathering all good information.
I am recently diagnosed with prediabetes.I had 2 gestational diabetes pregnancies and was on high dose of insulin so it's not new for me but yes I am bit upset to be diagnosed at my post pregnancy ogtt as prediabetic. My fasting was 5.8 and 2 hour bgl was 8.7 .. hba1 c result is pending.
This prediabetes diagnosis is entirely different from gestational diabetes I am bit lost don't Know what exactly I should do,from where I should start ,what diet plan I should follow and how many carbs I should have.Please guide me
How much carbs ?
Best diet plan ,low carb high fat or low carb high protein?
My height is 163cm and weight is 73 kg ( my baby is 5 month old and I m loosing my pregnancy weight)

My fasting today was 5
Yesterday it was 5.4

Please help me friends.

Reactions: Kevin259

Alexandra100

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I am bit lost don't Know what exactly I should do,from where I should start ,what diet plan I should follow and how many carbs I should have.Please guide me
This from the well-respected writer Jenny Ruhl, who has herself lived with diabetes T2 to be over 70, and without serious complications, might help:

http://www.phlaunt.com/diabetes/14045524.php

Reactions: hazelzac

Alison Campbell

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi and welcome to the forum. Tagging @daisy1 for a new member post which I found helpful when I joined the forum.

We have a lot of prediabetic members following a wide range of low carb diets and levels that suit them. It depends on your goals and lifesyle etc. Whatever you decide also has to be sustainable way of eating.

Your oral glucose tolerence test result is vary similar to mine, let us know how you get on with the HBA1C it might comeback normal or borderline but the OGTT is definately an early warning.

Reactions: Misska and hazelzac

hazelzac

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi and welcome to the forum. Tagging @daisy1 for a new member post which I found helpful when I joined the forum.

We have a lot of prediabetic members following a wide range of low carb diets and levels that suit them. It depends on your goals and lifesyle etc. Whatever you decide also has to be sustainable way of eating.

Your oral glucose tolerence test result is vary similar to mine, let us know how you get on with the HBA1C it might comeback normal or borderline but the OGTT is definately an early warning.
Thanks

Reactions: Alison Campbell