What are you doing now and humorous banter.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone. Well it’s been a very noisy weekend celebrating Bastille day and The World Cup final; we had car horns going on until very late and then Thor joined in, treating us to rolling thunder, lightning and a very pleasant torrential downpour which went on until about 4am.
Bit overcast this morning, thank goodness. Off to La Rochelle for our last 2 days this morning with the parents. Hopefully they will know somewhere good to stop for lunch along the way.

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
Good morning all, have a terrific day!

Mine started off by being prodded awake by my wife asking me to phone in to her workplace for her, cos she's ill. It amused me how my role has reversed from what it was a dozen years ago, when my then wife - god rest her soul - rang in to my work for me, when I was ill.

Big difference is that my new(ish) wife gets much sympathy from me for being ill, whereas although my late wife would ring in for me, she rarely gave me any sympathy, because she was a nurse/midwife and you know what they're like. As hard as nails. all of 'em....! :hungover:

I have a nursing/admin job in the NHS I’m as soft as butter

Last edited by a moderator:

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Had a few spots of rain this afternoon, the first since the Ark down here. Just in case you need it too I’ll give you the recipe:
2 loads of washing on the line
Water veg
Water tender flowers
Top up the relined pond
Sit back and wait

satindoll

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Had a few spots of rain this afternoon, the first since the Ark down here. Just in case you need it too I’ll give you the recipe:
2 loads of washing on the line
Water veg
Water tender flowers
Top up the relined pond
Sit back and wait

Alternative recipe,

Top up pond.
Water plants.
Open car windows and sun roof.
Clean house windows inside and out.....
Sit back and wait........:banghead:

Molly56

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Here’s one for all those who like the latest gadget.....

EE2043CB-9055-4D6A-A267-4D6BF6A8745C.jpeg
....a flying car as seen by @Clivethedrive at Farnborough air show today....(he says he has ordered me one in pink...:rolleyes:).....price tag ....don’t ask....:wideyed:

...also available at the show ....ground to air missiles for those who want to go with a bang...or useful for clearing traffic congestion on your commute....:)

Hope everyone has a good evening....:)

Derbyshire Boy

Just finished soldering a 'new' humbucker into an Epiphone SG. I think I may have to redo it over the next few days as, I didn't make too good a job of it and burned a hole in my hand with the soldering iron while doing so.

Prior to that, I found that Amazon are selling bargain-priced cat food - amongst other items - on their "Prime Day", so put an order in for 120 x 100g pouches of Felix for £19.99. Not too shabby. That will keep our fleabags going for a day or so.
:)

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Alternative recipe,

Top up pond.
Water plants.
Open car windows and sun roof.
Clean house windows inside and out.....
Sit back and wait........:banghead:

I didn’t think of leaving the car windows open, I’ll have to do that. My car shouts at me if I leave it like that but it’d be worth it!

Reactions: Cumberland

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Him indoors provided the food tonight, bland quiche, cold, and broccoli, hot, but it was lovely not having to cook. Just beginning to feel recovered from the aftermath of an extended hypo last night, whoop!

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Last night one of our neighbours arrived at the front door with a frog in a bucket. They don’t have a pond and thought it ought to be in one. It’s just come into the kitchen and has gone through a gap o hide under the units.
@Cumberland, how do I entice it to reappear before Cat gets to it?
Everyone, do you think it’s waiting to be kissed?
NOT asking for a friend *hopeful*

wolfie11969

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Whenever I get something like that in front of me, I will eat it, but at the same time, I can never resist thinking "I wish this was a kebab/pie, chips & mushy peas/vindaloo instead", or something similar...
:)

nah has to be cake for me - fruit cake laden with spirits and loads of marzipan and icing. One can dream