Type 1'stars R Us

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Back from my Job Centre interrogation with Robert, the 'work coach' and I have to go for another 'interview' tomorrow, @3.20pm with regards to my commitment, and other things (which Robert couldn't comment on) basically, to see as to whether I am telling the truth about being in Intensive care, but I have my discharge paper. He also gave me a 16 digit number that I have to use for updating on my Universal credit online account. I am getting so frustrated and anxious by all this and it makes me feel like I am some kind of fraud, guilty until proven innocent m'lord. i know it's just not me, as other people must go through it as well, it's so deflating, but I will be there tomorrow.
Hope your day has been a good one.

Reactions: kev-w

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
Welcome back!
My only problem with icecream when I am out is the carb guestimate.
But when I get it right (i.e. when I weigh it at home), it is as easy to dose for as any of my daily grazes.
Hi @helensaramay, Perhaps carry a portable weighing machine and a container to weigh it in ?? A jewellery type weighing machine and one of those collapsible silastic bowls.Just a thought !!

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
Morning all! Late night/early morning so slept in. Now 12 pm in South Australia and the obvious just struck me, the fast from 2 am til now gives me a test of the basal program of the pump, sadly without CGM but still. That the program can assist with a late (or early) start to the day is a bonus.
Sayings for the day: The early bird catches the worm, but the later one catches the worm that hid away.
AND on a low carb diet what is worse than finding your apple full of worms?
Finding no worms, where is the protein going to come from??

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Gooooood morning DIABETNAM.!

Woke at 4.2. Don't know if that's at a stop, or will drop further.. So I'll treat me with a 5g & see... Plus a little more milk in my coffee. But hey, the sun's up & it's a beautiful day after a dismal start to the week.. So to speak.

Peace out. Be good. :)

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning y'all, yesterday I had my flattest ever Libre line all day, this morning I woke hypo, 2.2 on a finger stick and was a shivering sweaty mess, lowest I've dropped for some time, I wouldn't moan but I woke at 6am and didn't scan and turned back over which was a bit stupid of me but anyway.

Be a slow start today....

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@kev-w one word, porridge.

;)

image.jpeg

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Just waiting for @porl69 to turn up find out if :chicken::chicken::chicken: paid him a vist last night :hilarious:

Not last night they didn't BUT I was waiting JUST IN CASE :)

@kev-w I hate mornings like that, makes you feel week and lethargic most of the day

Well my alarm didn't go off on my phone this morning! (I turned it off last nigh for some unknown reason!?) I was 6.3 this morning BUT had to miss breakfast, which I hate doing. May have to pop around the shop for a sausage roll :)

Reactions: Knikki and kev-w
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Morning y'all, yesterday I had my flattest ever Libre line all day, this morning I woke hypo, 2.2 on a finger stick and was a shivering sweaty mess, lowest I've dropped for some time, I wouldn't moan but I woke at 6am and didn't scan and turned back over which was a bit stupid of me but anyway.

Be a slow start today....

Hope you are back to normal very soon................. well relatively normal lol ;) Take care :)

Reactions: kitedoc
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Good morning, it's a very sunny one here, washing on and son is popping round soon. Woke up on 4.9, but with a banging headache, always the lower left side and a coughing fit didn't help, but a couple of painkiller's has helped.
Still in my jim jams, so I will shower a little later.
Wishing you all a happy Tuesday :)

Reactions: kev-w and porl69

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
Good morning, it's a very sunny one here, washing on and son is popping round soon. Woke up on 4.9, but with a banging headache, always the lower left side and a coughing fit didn't help, but a couple of painkiller's has helped.
Still in my jim jams, so I will shower a little later.
Wishing you all a happy Tuesday :)
Hi @Robinredbreast, Why not shower in your jim jams and save on clothes washing at the same time !!

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Good start at 6.8 this morning, followed by a run, had my yoghurt and berries and i'm currently sat at 12.8mmol/l - another correction dose, am putting it down to the cooler temperatures :banghead:

Reactions: porl69 and kev-w

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
On holiday so the t1d can do one! Although G&T seems a good regime with a flat line over night the night before last however last nights graph was not pretty, beer, eating late out and no idea of carbs, well obviously more than I thought, Mount Everest has just lost its crown as highest mountain :hilarious:

Reactions: Robinredbreast