Got Fed Up And Fell Off The Wagon

Alexandra100

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I'm glad I'm not the only one to get fed up with veggies
I find lashings of Hellman's Real mayonnaise and / or grated cheese, added while the vegetable is as hot as possible so it melts, can make almost any vegetable taste acceptable. Maille Dijon mustard is good too.

bigsi1984

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Sorry to be a killjoy, but if I get a really low reading at 2 hours I test again at 3. Still low? Try again at 4. Fatty meals can take longer to digest and show up on a meter, and there is also the problem of delayed stomach emptying (gastroparesis, which I understand is a common diabetic complication). I experience this myself and it causes me to use a lot of strips. I can even see a lower reading at 2 hours than before my meal. Dr Bernstein says this problem can be resolved by years of perfect bgs, but perfect bgs seem to be beyond my possibilities.

Hi. Before I settle on adding something to my diet I generally test every hour to see how the land lies. The meal in question never goes above 2 mmol. However, you’re definitely right because I have experienced what you describe, I just never knew the cause. Thanks.

Reactions: Prem51 and zand

nomorechoccy

After a hard week at work drank a bottle of red wine last night.
This morning I went to the Eastville park run and jogged 5k, fastest time this year ( having lost a little weight helped) hovering around 15 stone but I am 6 foot 5.

Reactions: Prem51 and zand

Alexandra100

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
After a hard week at work drank a bottle of red wine last night.
This morning I went to the Eastville park run and jogged 5k, fastest time this year ( having lost a little weight helped) hovering around 15 stone but I am 6 foot 5.
I presume this was a parkrun? (I think parkruns are the best thing since sliced bread - or maybe I should say, creamed avocado?) You must have cut a fine figure, head and shoulders above most of the other runners. Would you care to divulge your time?

Reactions: Prem51

jayney27

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
steak chips mushrooms and fried eggs for lunch ( would have loved some chips)
When I fancy chips I make halloumi ones, they look like the tastiest chips when they are on your plate and are really tasty and very fashionable at the moment

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
When I fancy chips I make halloumi ones, they look like the tastiest chips when they are on your plate and are really tasty and very fashionable at the moment

I've only recently discovered halloumi, where has it been all my life? One thing for sure about LCHF it does not restrict the diet it widens the choices.
P.S. I love celeriac chips, too.

M

Moggely

I would love to fall off the wagon just once.:(. Just one normal day. Oh i agree with the Lindt 90% chocolate that bigsi1984 was talking about. I hated the taste when first i tried. Now i have about 2 squares, actually i'm back to 1 as that seems to satisfy my chocy craving.

jayney27

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I've only recently discovered halloumi, where has it been all my life? One thing for sure about LCHF it does not restrict the diet it widens the choices.
P.S. I love celeriac chips, too.
I know same for me, I wouldn’t have even looked at halloumi 9 months ago, now I love it.
I think as your food options change you need to be a bit more willing and open to trying new things, I’ve discovered things that I didn’t like before are now favourites,. I like to think that it’s because things taste as they should and I’m not fooled by everything that’s been processed and preserved with ingredients I don’t need.

Reactions: Guzzler

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I know same for me, I wouldn’t have even looked at halloumi 9 months ago, now I love it.
I think as your food options change you need to be a bit more willing and open to trying new things, I’ve discovered things that I didn’t like before are now favourites,. I like to think that it’s because things taste as they should and I’m not fooled by everything that’s been processed and preserved with ingredients I don’t need.
I "discovered" halloumi only 2 months ago and I absolutely love it now. I could never go back to the bland high carb diet I used to eat. My diet now is so tasty and delicious.

Reactions: zand

nomorechoccy

I presume this was a parkrun? (I think parkruns are the best thing since sliced bread - or maybe I should say, creamed avocado?) You must have cut a fine figure, head and shoulders above most of the other runners. Would you care to divulge your time?
sure 44 minutes dead not quick compared to when I was younger

Alexandra100

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
sure 44 minutes dead not quick compared to when I was younger
That's why runners have age categories. Anyway, I'm impressed! I am just trying to work my way up to doing another parkrun, after health problems and heatwave interrupted my training.