Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.

Ooh, don't think I've seen this one. Let me grab a coffee....

Edited to add.

A*** Fantastic chat. It seems that my first and overall decision to not worry about cholesterol was right (more luck than knowledge). Ivor echoes Sikaris' view that the science is as yet incomplete.
My understanding is that the standard lipid panel even if given in its entirety still only speaks of markers or proxy markers and Ivor's mention of other variables being involved stirs the pot further.

The reluctance by the 'industry' to use the CAC scan shows how deeply embedded is the greed for profit in some quarters.

Last edited:
Reactions: Indy51

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hi @Indy51 I hope you don't mind but Ivor posted this up this evening and it is pertinant to the above in that he goes into detail about the CAC scan. It seems to be the first in a two part presentation and is about 20 mins.

I ordered the book earlier today based on the chat you posted showing a couple of graphics, I'm just hoping there are no diagrams of the Krebs cycle, that stuff makes my eyes bleed. :)

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Adding Part 2 of Ivor's talk on CAC posted above by @Guzzler

Thanks Indy. Really helps to listen to these new presentations because Ivor constantly refers to emerging evidence, I was especially interested in what he was saying about vegi oils (at around the 25 min mark) and its effects wrt sunburn and Unilever (what, Big Food knew about how unhealthy they were/are for decades, whoda thunk?). Triple A star again.