Reactions: gemma_T1

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Aldi have got some nice gluten free dark choc nutty bars.. they are 6g carb each... better than any others around. Haven’t got any at moment, need to restock. Come in packs of 4.

KK123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Are they really any better than a slice of wholemeal bread though?, similar number of carbs.

Reactions: XxTinkerxx

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Unfortunately being wheat and gluten free doesn't necessarily man something is actually low carb...

Robbity

M

Moggely

Far to many carbs for me I'm afraid.:angelic:. I say that quite sadly, but i have done without bread or wraps for 7 months now and rarely miss it.

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Roughly twice the carbs of an old Lidl roll. How I miss those. :(

Rokaab

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Are they really any better than a slice of wholemeal bread though?, similar number of carbs.
If you're gluten intolerant then yes they most certainly are better than normal wholemeal bread :)
And given that we're in the gluten-free section of the forums I figured this was a relevant comment :)

Whilst I haven't tried the sweet potato version of the wraps, I do like the normal GF BeFree wraps (they have both in my local Asda) - and no it seems there isn't really a choice of any low carb gluten-free bread/wraps etc.

Reactions: Brunneria

KK123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
If you're gluten intolerant then yes they most certainly are better than normal wholemeal bread :)
And given that we're in the gluten-free section of the forums I figured this was a relevant comment :)

Whilst I haven't tried the sweet potato version of the wraps, I do like the normal GF BeFree wraps (they have both in my local Asda) - and no it seems there isn't really a choice of any low carb gluten-free bread/wraps etc.

So sorry Rokaab, I never even noticed the gluten bit! My apologies.

Tony337

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being on holiday....
I rarely shop at Aldi so your post is appreciated.
I had some GF fajita wraps last week and they were the nicest wraps I'd ever had.
Sadly they were packed with carbs but as an occasional treat they were worth the risk.

Tony

Reactions: Brisbane

Rokaab

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
So sorry Rokaab, I never even noticed the gluten bit! My apologies.
No need to apologise to me :), I was just adding a point to the thread as I don't know if @Paul59 (the person who started the thread) does need gluten-free or not.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
There are some GF coconut wraps on Amazon. Very low carb, but rather pricey.
We ordered some when I first went GF and they were a handy vehicle for the fillings, but they were NOT breadlike or wraplike! lol.

Lo-dough can also be used as wraps. Another pricey option, but rather nice. Certified GF even though it contains wheat fibre.
I was sceptical, but even eating it 3 days in a row didn't trigger a gluten reaction, so I reckon it is safe for me.