Moving Away

Jackie100

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi if I was to move district like moving from Kent to wales and I am on a pump would the next authority take over the pump funding or would I have to give up my pump ?
Has anybody ever done this and is it easy or possible?

Engineer88

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Yeah funding would be continued - there isn't a good enough reason for them to take the pump away.

You will need to be on the ball and make sure you get referred to a pump clinic when you register with new doc though :)

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Hi @Jackie100 This won't be an issue, you have a prescription for this so no they wouldn't take it away from you, however it would be a good idea to tell your DSN before you move so they can communicate direct with your new team too.

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Hi if I was to move district like moving from Kent to wales and I am on a pump would the next authority take over the pump funding or would I have to give up my pump ?
Has anybody ever done this and is it easy or possible?
What area are you moving to?
They wont take away your pump, but as has been mentioned tell your DSN where you are moving to and they will/should contact the team there

Jackie100

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Thanks for that everyone I was hoping it was ok but if I had to lose my pump then that’s what I maybe have to do Hopefully mid Wales

Reactions: porl69