1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2019 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Moving Away

Discussion in 'Benefits' started by Jackie100, Sep 11, 2018.

1. Jackie100

Jackie100 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Hi if I was to move district like moving from Kent to wales and I am on a pump would the next authority take over the pump funding or would I have to give up my pump ?
    Has anybody ever done this and is it easy or possible?

2. Engineer88

Engineer88 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Yeah funding would be continued - there isn't a good enough reason for them to take the pump away.

You will need to be on the ball and make sure you get referred to a pump clinic when you register with new doc though :)

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Juicyj

Juicyj Type 1 · Moderator
    Staff Member

Hi @Jackie100 This won't be an issue, you have a prescription for this so no they wouldn't take it away from you, however it would be a good idea to tell your DSN before you move so they can communicate direct with your new team too.

4. porl69

porl69 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

What area are you moving to?
    They wont take away your pump, but as has been mentioned tell your DSN where you are moving to and they will/should contact the team there

5. Jackie100

Jackie100 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Thanks for that everyone I was hoping it was ok but if I had to lose my pump then that’s what I maybe have to do Hopefully mid Wales

• Like Like x 1
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook