Bread....

D

Deleted member 308541

I am going on a massive trek around the town centre, to find an alternative!
Aldi might be worth a look, as they have a lowish carb bread in most states here in Australia, it's not quite as low as HB though.

SheilaSalop

Sometimes if I am running a bit late I will grab a sandwich for lunch. I generally try to stay away from it.

I always take the right insulin to match my carb but i always spike too high even after 3 hours. I go for granary or wholemeal with a chicken or ham filling.

I was thinking it could be a delayed spike as it's a low GI food - possibly.

Morning! I am new to this and have no knowledge about anything really but I was interested in this thread cos I do [did] like my bread! I have discovered 'Hovis Lower Carb' heavily seeded bread at my local Morrisons. It says it is low in sugar at 1.1g and is a bit like cardboard so you don't actually want to eat very much but it is OK. As I don't test my blood I have no idea what it does to me - I just thought I would share . . .

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Anyone know about the Lidl low gi rolls?

I asked I store for ingredients and nutritional information and all i got was an ingredient list without even %.

KK123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning! I am new to this and have no knowledge about anything really but I was interested in this thread cos I do [did] like my bread! I have discovered 'Hovis Lower Carb' heavily seeded bread at my local Morrisons. It says it is low in sugar at 1.1g and is a bit like cardboard so you don't actually want to eat very much but it is OK. As I don't test my blood I have no idea what it does to me - I just thought I would share . . .

Hi there, thanks for posting. Just make sure you look at the total carbs though, not just the sugar content. Some things may state or appear low sugar but all carbs turn to sugar so you must check. This loaf has 10 carbs per slice.

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
9.9g carbs a slice https://www.hovis.co.uk/our-range/Lower-Carb#

D

Deleted Account

I say away from bread, pasta, potatoes and rice and I have no spikes
As a type 1 (this thread is on the type 1 sub forum), I calculate my insulin dose for my bread and do not have to avoid it.

But I very rarely buy bread - I bake it myself. That way, I know there are no additives just flour, water, yeast and a pinch of salt and I can slice it as fat or thin as I want.