1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Bread....

Discussion in 'Type 1 Diabetes' started by Indy1282, Sep 25, 2018.

1. Tipetoo

Tipetoo Type 2 · Expert

Aldi might be worth a look, as they have a lowish carb bread in most states here in Australia, it's not quite as low as HB though.

2. Dixon1995

Dixon1995 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Ill have a look, thankyou

3. Valraj

Valraj Type 1 · Member

If your on a bolus insulin, maybe that needs increasing ?

4. Liana_Dogariu

Liana_Dogariu Type 2 · Newbie

I say away from bread, pasta, potatoes and rice and I have no spikes

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. SheilaSalop

SheilaSalop · Member

Morning! I am new to this and have no knowledge about anything really but I was interested in this thread cos I do [did] like my bread! I have discovered 'Hovis Lower Carb' heavily seeded bread at my local Morrisons. It says it is low in sugar at 1.1g and is a bit like cardboard so you don't actually want to eat very much but it is OK. As I don't test my blood I have no idea what it does to me - I just thought I would share . . .

6. HSSS

HSSS Type 2 · Expert

Anyone know about the Lidl low gi rolls?

I asked I store for ingredients and nutritional information and all i got was an ingredient list without even %.

7. KK123

KK123 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Hi there, thanks for posting. Just make sure you look at the total carbs though, not just the sugar content. Some things may state or appear low sugar but all carbs turn to sugar so you must check. This loaf has 10 carbs per slice.

8. kev-w

kev-w Type 1 · Well-Known Member

9.9g carbs a slice https://www.hovis.co.uk/our-range/Lower-Carb#

9. Deleted Account

Deleted Account · Guest

As a type 1 (this thread is on the type 1 sub forum), I calculate my insulin dose for my bread and do not have to avoid it.

But I very rarely buy bread - I bake it myself. That way, I know there are no additives just flour, water, yeast and a pinch of salt and I can slice it as fat or thin as I want.

• Like Like x 4
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook