What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Ziggy2017

Type of diabetes
Type 3
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes and injections
Really empathize, I was hospitalized with DVT and lung embolism three years ago -- blood clots in the lungs is definitely something no one wants to have.

Still, I really hope that HCPs will be able to help you get better. You've been dealing with this for quite some time already. When will you see them next? Keeping my fingers crossed and thinking of you.
I will probably get a phone call some time next week it could be as little as a viral infection sorry to hear about your lung problems

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I will probably get a phone call some time next week it could be as little as a viral infection sorry to hear about your lung problems

Hope it will be all good news when you get your call. A viral infection still is no fun, but will probably tell them what medication to prescribe to make you feel better.

Lungs are okay -- actually was quite symptom-free back then, but clots showed up on the CT. DVT was a different story. The leg still hasn't fully recovered, but is getting a bit better all the time. Hoping next year, I will be able to wear shorter dresses without opaque hose again.

Reactions: Cumberland

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Night all just getting ready to get into bed and read my new Jaqueline Wilson book I know I’m a little old for them but I enjoy them I probably enjoy them so much as I read them a lot when I was diagnosed with pulmonary hypertension and they took my mind off my disease. Reading is such a wonderful activity I suffer from anxiety but reading really helps me to stop worrying :) tonight’s BG is 7.6
Goodnight ziggy enjoy your book

Reactions: Cumberland

n1ck

Hi all,

New to the forum and based upon the replies here it looks like it's moved from the original post. So not sure if this is relevant but my fasting glucose was 14.5 at the time of diagnosis. And, tonight no books for me...just a bit of TV while i list a few things on ebay!

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all,

New to the forum and based upon the replies here it looks like it's moved from the original post. So not sure if this is relevant but my fasting glucose was 14.5 at the time of diagnosis. And, tonight no books for me...just a bit of TV while i list a few things on ebay!
Welcome @n1ck. Thread still has a main focus on fbg. Hope to see you posting more on here.

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
Hi all,

Fasting readings thread with a bit of a chatter

You will soon fit in keep posting fella

Welcome

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks for your caring words, @Bubbsie. Just made some soup with coconut milk, red curry paste, oxtail, pumpkin and assorted vegetables. I am sure this will help.
@karen8967 -- Sorry to read about your cold. Doesn't sound good at all. Keeping my fingers crossed.
@Ziggy2017 -- Hope that they won't find any clots in your lungs and will be able to help you feel better soon. Thinking of you.
@SaskiaKC -- How is your cat? Is it feeling any better? We always worry about our pets, don't we?

Edited for spelling

Thank you for asking about my cat. She is back to normal, feeling well again and eating like a horse (as long as she approves of the food!).

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Night all just getting ready to get into bed and read my new Jaqueline Wilson book I know I’m a little old for them but I enjoy them I probably enjoy them so much as I read them a lot when I was diagnosed with pulmonary hypertension and they took my mind off my disease. Reading is such a wonderful activity I suffer from anxiety but reading really helps me to stop worrying :) tonight’s BG is 7.6

I too love reading and often turn to books when I am feeling anxious (and now being on a prescription for Paxil since April really helps with that, too, as well as high blood pressure, for which I am on three other prescriptions). I have never heard of Jaqueline Wilson before but I will Google her now, as I did Ian Rankin a little while ago.

I don't feel I ever get too old for many books. This summer I was rereading several old horse books I loved in childhood and in younger adult years. I found them online and read them on my e-reader.

I have recently been rereading the Superintendent Bone mysteries from the '80s and '90s. His daughter has a cat named Ziggy. (And his wife's cat is called The Bruce because of his interest in spiders.)

Now if I could just figure out the mystery of how to reply to the proper posts ... :facepalm: :oops:

P.S. I just checked out Jaqueline Wilson's Double Act, because I like The Parent Trap.

philchap1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi all,

Welcome

Reactions: HarryBeau