What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Providence 62

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not riding my bike
Very overcast and gloomy here in London and my FBG is 7.9 :) I like it when I get into the 7s. Off out later to do a bit of food shopping before deciding what to cook tonight. Hope everyone is doing well.

rhubarb73

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
aubergine
Good morning finger stabbers.
Thank you for all the birthday messages yesterday. I had a lovely meal out last night, all very well behaved on the carb front, maybe a bit too much brandy.
Started my day with a 6.2 so happy with that.

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
5.5 today. Happy with that as I had 2 x thins with cheese and a few nuts after 10.30 last night!

Here is my little bit of chat and an update from yesterdays trip to London I posted on my social media earlier for info:

Quick update on yesterday's adventure in London (she lied.......best make yourself a coffee and settle down for a while!)

LIGHTS! CAMERA! AND PLENTY OF ACTION! what an amazing experience yesterday was. That said I almost went into meltdown. My nerves got the better of me, I was in a complete sweat. Shaking. Nauseous. Twitchy. The tears started to flow uncontrollably. Not because of the Photoshoot in London for a national magazine as you might be thinking. Oh no. (Jaws music here!) My phone ran out of charge half way through the day!!!! Only happened once before and it took a long time to get over it. Anyway I'm fully charged now and feeling more myself . I can't say back to normal for obvious reasons :)

My train journeys there and back were surprisingly pleasant. Apart from the lack of access to a charging point on the return journey! I was looking over longingly at the guy and his wife who had the only charging points in the coach (And the only table!)! Hogging them they were. No concern for fellow passengers who might be desperate and in their hour of need. Just chatting away regardless, in a world of their own, laughing and joking even, without once stopping for air. They appeared to be avoiding my stare. Not sure why ;) Then a bit of a hairy moment when my virgin DELAYED train arrived into platform 4 at Preston at 10.02. My train to Blackpool 'was departing from platform 1 at 10.03'. Anyone who knows me knows I don't do running. Especially not in high heels and loaded up like a donkey. But run I did, without a thought for my designer hair and make up! Up and over a bridge of stairs! When I realised I was actually going to make it I really wanted to scream with delight and hug and kiss the nearest person. But other passengers weren't quite as excited as I was so I just sat down quietly panting.

My photoshoot was amazing. I received a warm welcome. The team at the studio were really down to earth and so lovely putting me at ease straight away. 'What would you like to drink' I was asked. 'Coffee and double cream please'. I laughed as I know what the reaction was going to be. Complete silence . I said I was joking (although that was a lie!). I quickly in no more than 20 minutes explained all about the reason for my request. Low carb high fat way of eating. I pulled out all my booklets and leaflets and asked them to gather round whilst I filled them in on reversing diabetes And no I'm not joking! I find i can usually cover everything in 20 minutes these days i told them how a group of us got together in Birmingham with our big pants for photos. The editor seemed very interested so much so they want to take up our story and mentioned the March edition!!!!

I was last to arrive out of the 3 ladies in my shoot and last to get my hair and make-up done. I saw the other 2 ladies and how absolutely beautiful they looked. I said to my make up artist 'good luck with this one'. And so she began the transformation. Starting with primer. Smoothes out the lines apparently then onto....more primer .. and finally a layer of ....primer . to finish she used a brush to carefully apply foundation and bronzer. I was taking mental notes throughout. My technique has been the same since I started applying makeup at the tender age at 14. I still have that makeup ....And im not afraid to use it . my technique that seems to have worked well for me in case you want to try it is........carefully tip up a bottle of liquid foundation (cheaper the better), pour out a blob onto the soft part of your palm, then vigorously rub into your face without the use of a safety net (mirror) ensuring you leave some parts of your face darker than others. Extra coverage on the nose, hardly bother with the forehead and around the ears, totally neglect under the chin making sure you leave a clearly visible line where pale skin meets far too dark make up. Works a treat .

My hair and make up artist, Sarah, could not have been nicer. How she curled with straighteners blew my mind. We were together for about 2 hours or more! That is one hell of a pampering session. She even braved it and did my toes bless her.

Lunch was provided. Really lovely it was. I had roast beef salad. Delish.

Then into the clothes and shoes. A touch of sparkle as its the November edition. Love it. And big smiles for the camera

Finished the session (get me) at 3.30 in time to meet @Goonergal for dinner at Five Guys (naked burgers ooohhh errr mrs) and 2 cafe stops, one at the beautiful canalside. We walked all through London heading to Euston station chatting and soaking up the atmosphere. It was a lovely sunny day too. Return train at 7.30pm. Back home for 10.30.

So that's my quick update finished happy Saturday folks. Me and hubby off to Carlisle for the weekend now. Weather looks promising. Meeting family half way from where we live and where they live in Scotland

Katiesgran

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
So glad to see this thread and hoping someone can maybe help. Last 3 mornings I have been at 10.3, 8.8 and today 11.2. It’s driving me mad. This was after 12 hour fast. Am on Metformin. Also have NAFLD, now progressed to cirrhosis. How can I get these figures down.

Reactions: Cumberland

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Afteringnoon folks, late on parade again, been doing stuff.

The wages of large portions of chips late in the evening are 8.4 in the Morening. Still it's below 10, which is good for me with all my medication's.

Well folks don't forget to water those plants and for the shoppers amongst you only another 1257 shopping day's left before I get interested in christmas shopping.

david1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I just Googled Ian Rankin to see who he was ... "Oh, he writes Rebus!" I think I've seen those on TV? Maybe I will try something by him since I'm on the last Superintendent Bone mystery (feel like I've spent a month in Kent, solving mysteries and playing with kittens ^. .^. .^).

6.1 FBG Friday morning.

Happy birthday, rhubarb!

I'm glad to learn what Battenberg Cake is. I'd read about it in Miss Read novels but that was before the Internet and I didn't know what kind of cake it was.

I'd recommend the Rebus books @SaskiaKC but you're probably best starting with the early ones as there's a quite a lot of character and relationship development during the series. TV was good with Ken Stott playing Rebus but there wre some with John Hanna which I didn't like. If you like detective novels and you're looking for something new, I'd also recommend Stephen Booth's novels - new one of those just out as well, but again you're probably best starting with the early ones. Set in the Peak District and the way he weaves the landscape into the books is very good.