Type2 Blog...the race is on

Dean76

So this is my menu for tonight as I am in deepest darkest Essex in a Premier Inn...

IMG_1539271733.997404.jpg

IMG_1539271810.312430.jpg

IMG_1539271825.199002.jpg

IMG_1539271847.037335.jpg

I have an hour and a half until dinner time so you guys reading are tasked to aid and assist me with welcomed respect. Or i’ll starve until morning and then scoff:

IMG_1539271994.883075.jpg

....the last time I accidentally purchased Gluten Free bread I got it whacked around my head by Mrs D....can a human really eat a loaf of concrete? Haha

Dean76

When I purchase something I read the reviews but do not take as gospel ie the good, the bad and the ugly. I know disgruntled employees, rival companies or even imbeciles with nothing better to do than waste peoples time inputting ‘guff’.

That being said I may require another companies machine.

I will put this to the test by going to a chemist and asking the pharmacist to stab me at the same time as using this machine. If this machine is ‘duff’ as my readings seem to be all over the place then I will seek a refund naturally.

I Googled the top 10 Monitors against all others. I can not justify Accu Safes costs even if it is against my health. A bridge though may have to be built!

Last edited:
Reactions: JoKalsbeek

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
When I came here....and I was reading all the ‘stuff’ you guys were eating ie cream, butter, cheese etc in my head I was in amazement. I couldnt believe any of you were ‘doing’ this. I thought it was some form of April fools joke....risking your lives for yummy fatty stuff. Haha. But after speaking to some of you and even the hint of pork scratchings I had my head in my hands in amazement. These people can not be serious!!!! Can they???? I was like these are not the normal habits of a diabetic are they? Sorry I still wet myself about when I was reading threads about Jelly Babies and Midget Gems, KFC, Burgerking.....I am still going to test that Burgerking order “yes can I please have a Whopper with cheese but no buns”......I’d have to look back through but my partner and I were wetting ourselves.
I know eh... When I told my doc, who was checking whether I might have anorexia, (dutifully, as she should when a patient is losing weight rapidly and has weird eating habits) what I ate, her jaw hit the floor. Three eggs with cheese and bacon?! Well, at least she knew I wasn't starving myself. ;) My dieticians gave me very "helpful" advice when I was pre-diabetic and didn't know it. Eat 6 extra slices of bread on top of what i was already eating (not much, I usually had only one meal a day anyway), don't eat fat (I already wasn't, as I was desperate to stop being obese). I did exactly what I was told, and I went from obese to morbidly obese in a matter of months. I was a big at my wedding, (95 k I think) and just kept growing no matter what I tried, up to 102+, because I couldn't face the scales anymore after that, it was too depressing and nothing I did helped.... If I'd know about keto then, I would never have become diabetic. It is kinda nuts, after all we've been told through the years, but insane as it sounds... It works. So wet yourself all you want, a good laugh never hurt anybody. But I'm never going back to carbs. They were killing me. I was so ill when I was finally diagnosed, i can't begin to tell you how bad things got... My liver was SO packed with fat they couldn't identify it as such, they thougth it was so dense, it simply must be cancer. I thought I was dying, that life was just plain over.

LONG LIVE BACON!!! :) ;)

Attachments

• trouwdag.jpg
    trouwdag.jpg
    119.2 KB · Views: 314
Reactions: Dean76

Dean76

I know eh... When I told my doc, who was checking whether I might have anorexia, (dutifully, as she should when a patient is losing weight rapidly and has weird eating habits) what I ate, her jaw hit the floor. Three eggs with cheese and bacon?! Well, at least she knew I wasn't starving myself. ;) My dieticians gave me very "helpful" advice when I was pre-diabetic and didn't know it. Eat 6 extra slices of bread on top of what i was already eating (not much, I usually had only one meal a day anyway), don't eat fat (I already wasn't, as I was desperate to stop being obese). I did exactly what I was told, and I went from obese to morbidly obese in a matter of months. I was a big at my wedding, (95 k I think) and just kept growing no matter what I tried, up to 102+, because I couldn't face the scales anymore after that, it was too depressing and nothing I did helped.... If I'd know about keto then, I would never have become diabetic. It is kinda nuts, after all we've been told through the years, but insane as it sounds... It works. So wet yourself all you want, a good laugh never hurt anybody. But I'm never going back to carbs. They were killing me. I was so ill when I was finally diagnosed, i can't begin to tell you how bad things got... My liver was SO packed with fat they couldn't identify it as such, they thougth it was so dense, it simply must be cancer. I thought I was dying, that life was just plain over.

LONG LIVE BACON!!! :) ;)

Haha, you are funny. As long as you are happy and that guy with the glasses still has his arms wrapped around you...what the hell....have an extra slice of bacon huh?

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Haha, you are funny. As long as you are happy and that guy with the glasses still has his arms wrapped around you...what the hell....have an extra slice of bacon huh?
Yeah, he's still here. Well, not right now because of that bl**dy meeting, but we've just had our 10th anniversary this september. :) He eats my cookies when I'm served them with tea. Excellent arrangement. :D

Dean76

Yeah, he's still here. Well, not right now because of that bl**dy meeting, but we've just had our 10th anniversary this september. :) He eats my cookies when I'm served them with tea. Excellent arrangement. :D

Congratulations both of you.....I could murder some cookies. Just to think I will never be able to eat a Bens Cookie again....!

Reactions: JoKalsbeek

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Still in a rush, so doing the best i can quickly:
Starters:
Classic prawn cocktail without the ciabatta.
Grilled koftas without the ciabatta
chicken & choriso skewers
Beef salad (Teriaki is a bit heavy on the sugar, but nowhere near your usual breakfasts, so yeah.. Up to you)

Mains:
All meat burgers are fine, just leave the bun and fries off. Ask for the fries to be replaced with salad.
sometimes veggie burgers have added carbs, so i would err on the side of caution there.
STEAKS!!!! Woohooo! yeah!!! Careful with the BBQ sauce.
Surf'n'turf. Again, with all of that, just swap the fries for salad/veggies. Shouldn't be a problem
Skewer platter looks good. Just leave the flatbread
Salads are mostly okay, keep an eye out for corn and sweet dressings tho'.
Tandoori Mixed grill is okay, just don't touch the mango chutney, sweet potato and rice.

Sides of mixed or greek salad are okay. Coleslaw often has sugar, so skip that. Prawns are fine, broccoli too.

No dessert save for coffee or tea with heavy cream (Or make it bulletprood by asking for butter to put in. ;) I can just SEE the face you're pulling! :))

Breakfast:

Full english save for the hash browns and baked beans. Don't know what bubble & squeak is supposed to be, as I'm Dutch.
Stay far, far away from the continental. Go British all the way!

Enjoy your dinner!
Jo, rushing off again

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Congratulations both of you.....I could murder some cookies. Just to think I will never be able to eat a Bens Cookie again....!
Check Dietdoctor, they have cookierecipies. ;) Not the same, but it's better than nothing. ;)

Dean76

Still in a rush, so doing the best i can quickly:
Starters:
Classic prawn cocktail without the ciabatta.
Grilled koftas without the ciabatta
chicken & choriso skewers
Beef salad (Teriaki is a bit heavy on the sugar, but nowhere near your usual breakfasts, so yeah.. Up to you)

Mains:
All meat burgers are fine, just leave the bun and fries off. Ask for the fries to be replaced with salad.
sometimes veggie burgers have added carbs, so i would err on the side of caution there.
STEAKS!!!! Woohooo! yeah!!! Careful with the BBQ sauce.
Surf'n'turf. Again, with all of that, just swap the fries for salad/veggies. Shouldn't be a problem
Skewer platter looks good. Just leave the flatbread
Salads are mostly okay, keep an eye out for corn and sweet dressings tho'.
Tandoori Mixed grill is okay, just don't touch the mango chutney, sweet potato and rice.

Sides of mixed or greek salad are okay. Coleslaw often has sugar, so skip that. Prawns are fine, broccoli too.

No dessert save for coffee or tea with heavy cream (Or make it bulletprood by asking for butter to put in. ;) I can just SEE the face you're pulling! :))

Breakfast:

Full english save for the hash browns and baked beans. Don't know what bubble & squeak is supposed to be, as I'm Dutch.
Stay far, far away from the continental. Go British all the way!

Enjoy your dinner!
Jo, rushing off again

Bubble and Squeak....you’ve not lived!!!!! **** I cant eat that anymore either. Some call it Fry-it. Basically and it used to be the part of our weekly tucker. Sunday roast left overs mashed together cabbage, potato, carrots etc. **** good flavour.

Dean76

I’m feeling pretty dizzy so going to venture downstairs. I’m in Brentwood Premier Inn Essex room 707 if any of you get worried or I go dark. I’ll be back.

Dean76

I’m in a safe zone. Please dont pity me, it’s not what i’m after. I’m very dizzy and why I keep editing my posts.

Just incase

Edited by mod to remove pic because it showed personal details.

Last edited by a moderator:

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I would have the prawn cocktail (no bread) or the chicken/chorizo skewers.
Then a burger (no bun or fries) or a steak (no chips). (I usually sneak a few chips from Mr B’s plate, but that is strictly portion controlled because he stabs the back of my hand with his fork, if he thinks I have taken too many. :D

If it was a special occasion, I might have a portion of fries myself (then less than half)
OR a single blob of that coconut icecream. But it would have to be special.

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I’m in a safe zone. Please dont pity me, it’s not what i’m after. I’m very dizzy and why I keep editing my posts.

Just incase

Remember; When in doubt, and feeling hypo, just go for the carbs and say f**k it with the low carb diet. As long as you don't know whether those low readings are correct, well... You're by yourself in that hotelroom I presume, so keep yourself safe. I'm off for the evening, hope to find you laughing at my bacon-love again in the morning.

Dean76

IMG_1539278017.278518.jpg

I’ve chosen the Koftas thing on skewers but told them no bread. I’m sorry but the Olives went straight in..I know they should be washed of the salt content.

I have asked for the double cheese burger with bacon, no chips and no bun but plenty of salad....

Reactions: Brunneria

Dean76

Just incase

Thank you. I saw it and was messing the edit up. Has it gone?

Dean76

I would have the prawn cocktail (no bread) or the chicken/chorizo skewers.
Then a burger (no bun or fries) or a steak (no chips). (I usually sneak a few chips from Mr B’s plate, but that is strictly portion controlled because he stabs the back of my hand with his fork, if he thinks I have taken too many. :D

If it was a special occasion, I might have a portion of fries myself (then less than half)
OR a single blob of that coconut icecream. But it would have to be special.

I so wish I could eat shellfish..i’d look like something off of the Grimm Tales after!!!